• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sorry to hear all this, though it sounds like the general prognosis is not bad. good luck, best to your family.

+1

Aggravating only, but I feel like venting about this **** all the same:
I have a number of SF'ers that I've made "friends" with over the past year or so and try to maintain and build on these "friendships" frequently. I text these people every so often to see how they're doing, make conversation, try to be "friends", etc.. I'm talking 20+ people too, so it actually requires a bit of thought to sort all this **** out. A few of them I've been lucky enough to talk with over the phone. Other than maybe 4 people, 2 of which aren't even on the ******* forum and quit after the switch over to humbler, nobody even bothers to ask me a god damn thing about myself. The ones that I've tried to make friends with, even met, are even more disappointing. I honestly wonder why I bother with some of these people.

Hey! I talk to you! :angry: I just don't follow up on my own promises to update you... which is what I do to everyone. I'm really bad about that.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't stand people in my office building who when the elevator door is closing they throw their bags in the door and get on. I mean there are six elevators, wait for the next one in 5 seconds you ******* prick. Now you are slowing everybody down. Probably the same jerkoff who take their time at the salad bar. F***ers.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My back is killing me. Again. It's the exact same spot as last time, and I keep getting these spasms that feel like I'm being shot. I suppose there's not much I can do, so I'll just have to hope it passes relatively quickly, like it did last time.

The most frustrating part isn't even the pain - I can deal with some pain every so often - it's the fact that I've been trying to get on an exercise routine, but it keeps getting screwed up because I can't do anything when my back is acting up.

I have a number of SF'ers that I've made "friends" with over the past year or so and try to maintain and build on these "friendships" frequently. I text these people every so often to see how they're doing, make conversation, try to be "friends", etc.. I'm talking 20+ people too, so it actually requires a bit of thought to sort all this **** out. A few of them I've been lucky enough to talk with over the phone. Other than maybe 4 people, 2 of which aren't even on the ******* forum and quit after the switch over to humbler, nobody even bothers to ask me a god damn thing about myself. The ones that I've tried to make friends with, even met, are even more disappointing. I honestly wonder why I bother with some of these people.

This sucks, Rambo. Nobody likes to be the only one doing any work in a friendship.

If you texted me, I'd ask how you're doing. :blush:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I feel like I'm always giving you the hard advice.

Let them go. SF is a weird place. Most folks on here are kind of fucked up to begin with - that's why we make "friends" on the internet instead of boaning hot chicks, cruising in our pristine E30 BMWs, wearing our bespoke suits, eating at the finest restaurants with dazzling international visionaries, or entertaining 9s in our perfectly calibrated MCM flats. None of it is true. Most of the F***ers on here wouldn't know what an E30 even was without Wikipedia, but they can make it up on the Internet.

TBH, you're a little weird too.

That's OK.

Not everyone is going to be friends. And if people aren't actively responding to you, let them go. 4 e-friends is plenty. I actually do drive a BMW and **** dozens of hot bitches IRL and even I don't have 20 friends I'd consider close that I text with on a regular basis.

You're a good, decent fellow, and will attract other good, decent people. But it's nothing personal if not everyone feels like they need to be a close friend of yours. It's just the way life is. Stop bothering with those people.

Friendship should be easy. And it will be easy. I can tell you that even your post is kind of hard to read because it just smacks of desperation. Just relax, be yourself, it's good to work on relationships but when they're not reciprocated, don't take it personally, and just move on quickly.

Besides, wtf are you doing texting Harvey Birdman? Dude is meant to be observed from a safe distance only.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides, wtf are you doing texting Harvey Birdman? Dude is meant to be observed from a safe distance only.

Do NOT make eye contact with Harvey Birdman.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to be a slow day at work today... the silence of no phones ringing is already starting to get to me. For whatever reason I get really self conscious if the phones aren't ringing regularly. Dunno what's up with that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fack, im always running late.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I feel like I'm always giving you the hard advice.
Let them go. SF is a weird place. Most folks on here are kind of fucked up to begin with - that's why we make "friends" on the internet instead of boaning hot chicks, cruising in our pristine E30 BMWs, wearing our bespoke suits, eating at the finest restaurants with dazzling international visionaries, or entertaining 9s in our perfectly calibrated MCM flats. None of it is true. Most of the F***ers on here wouldn't know what an E30 even was without Wikipedia, but they can make it up on the Internet.
TBH, you're a little weird too.
That's OK.
Not everyone is going to be friends. And if people aren't actively responding to you, let them go. 4 e-friends is plenty. I actually do drive a BMW and **** dozens of hot bitches IRL and even I don't have 20 friends I'd consider close that I text with on a regular basis.
You're a good, decent fellow, and will attract other good, decent people. But it's nothing personal if not everyone feels like they need to be a close friend of yours. It's just the way life is. Stop bothering with those people.
Friendship should be easy. And it will be easy. I can tell you that even your post is kind of hard to read because it just smacks of desperation. Just relax, be yourself, it's good to work on relationships but when they're not reciprocated, don't take it personally, and just move on quickly.

The fact of the matter is everybody has their own lives. I feel that there are a good deal of people on SF who do have it together and lead busy lives and work jobs that afford them those busy lives. Personally, I find it hard enough seeing and talking to the people who I love and consider the closest to me let alone e-friends.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

pm me your digits

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

!!!

The best thing I can say is that these are stressful times.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I had a bit of a disappointment yesterday.

The house I am looking at it 85k, not sure where I got the 60k from. But that's still a great deal and a huge house.

That's disappointment one .

My landlord and I go look at it yesterday (he used to restore homes). There is a **** ton of work that needs to be done. Termites, roof, back deck is rotted through, kitchen is hideous, no real garden...

Some of them aren't that big a deal. The kitchen I knew about and most of it can be done with grunt work which I can do so that's not too bad plus I want to have a project like that. The rest of the rooms are quite nice and the floors are level so that's good news. The garden problem can be somewhat rectified because there is a little parking deck next to the deck. Figure if the deck has to be ripped up (and it does) might as well rip up the parking pad and park on the street (which isn't that big a deal to me) and put in some soil where the carport once was.

My dreams. they keep getting crushed.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So I had a bit of a disappointment yesterday.
The house I am looking at it 85k, not sure where I got the 60k from. But that's still a great deal and a huge house.
That's disappointment one .
My landlord and I go look at it yesterday (he used to restore homes). There is a **** ton of work that needs to be done. Termites, roof, back deck is rotted through, kitchen is hideous, no real garden...
Some of them aren't that big a deal. The kitchen I knew about and most of it can be done with grunt work which I can do so that's not too bad plus I want to have a project like that. The rest of the rooms are quite nice and the floors are level so that's good news. The garden problem can be somewhat rectified because there is a little parking deck next to the deck. Figure if the deck has to be ripped up (and it does) might as well rip up the parking pad and park on the street (which isn't that big a deal to me) and put in some soil where the carport once was.
My dreams. they keep getting crushed.

Ah, the wonderfulness of home ownership.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads