• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So heres the worned out tweed.

I'm thinking about posting it in B&S for about 20 bucks (including s&h) so another broke newb with shorter arms can have it, y/n?

This is how good most of it still looks

most of the damage is to the cuffs. lining's a bit rough too, though nothing that would show if the cuffs came in an inch and a half.

give it a shot. just be honest and upfront about the wear. good luck.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ugh. fight or fall?

fall. several times it appears. Wish I could say it was a fight but it;d mean I lost badly. When I get off work an hour early, perhaps I should wisen up and head home for a few hours first? 10 hours drinking on a stomach full of mini crab cakes is not very prudent.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got dragged to some ****** club where the bartender was juggling bottles that were on fire. FML.

i hope he didnt throw any at you.

fall. several times it appears. Wish I could say it was a fight but it;d mean I lost badly. When I get off work an hour early, perhaps I should wisen up and head home for a few hours first? 10 hours drinking on a stomach full of mini crab cakes is not very prudent.

sorry to hear, but excellent self advise there.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pre-pissed off for something I know that is going to piss me off tomorrow.
I'm cooking a big pan of paella tomorrow and I am going to put shrimp, mussells, and squid in it.
It is guaranteed I will drive all over ******* town looking for decent seafood and I will not find it and I will have to settle for whichever place offers the best bet and they will not all likely be at the last place I try so I will have to double back to some place, making extra extra driving, all to get something that does not meet standards.
**** me.

Update?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dammit. time and again I have to learn the hard way that my argument is invalid if I lose my damn temper.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pre-pissed off for something I know that is going to piss me off tomorrow.

damn... I hope that ends up being good enough paella to be pre-pissed of about! :nodding:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been wanting to go ice skating again for a while but I left my skates at a friends place a couple of weeks ago. Skipped going with some people on friday since I didn't have them but knew that I would be going today (I was gonna go skating right by where my friend lives so even if nobody else wanted to go, I could still get my skates back and go).

at 10 this morning I got a work email for something that is sort of in crisis mode so I call right back. It sounds like I have to do something that's pretty quick but very urgent and someone should be getting me the data in an hour or so. Should have no problem making it to skate in the afternoon/early evening so I go take a shower and wait for my data. At 11 there's nothing on the data, but I do have a related request from another person on the case so I send off some emails, and do a little project. Then I keep waiting. I get copied on some emails (and answer some questions) that are dealing with things that are needed to put together my data...so it sounds like people are working on it but have run into an issue.
Eventually we get that issue solved...but still no data for me. Now its too late and past ice skating time. Finally at 6 or so I am like "so...what about the data for this stuff I was supposed to put together?" and it becomes clear that its maybe not even been started. The back and forth we were having earlier was apparently for something else (although was also a pre-requisite for my stuff). They say they are going to pull it together and I don't hear anything again.

I gave up waiting a few hours ago, but I had been checking the modified-timestamp on some files and it was clear that they were being worked on but now it is 11 and still no data but also no word from my superiors that the project has been called off.

The worst part is that other than the stuff I did this morning, everything else could have been taken care of from my phone while i was at the ******* rink with my friends.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Woke up feeling a little bummed about having to go back to work and wish it was still the weekend.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The thing about wood floors is that if you want a softer feel you can magically turn them into carpeted floors with a throw rug.

Although I guess I should point out that if you have carpeted floors and want a bit of hardwood look you can throw some planks on the floor just loose.

Wegman's was my friend. Found what I needed there. Was not particularly convenient but they had everything I was looking for and quality was overall an 8-9.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads