• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, it's funny you both mentioned that. Jason actually JUST restocked the SS, so I went ahead and placed an order for petrol blue. Haven't put much thought into the shirt/tie combo to be honest. I was maybe thinking a light shirt and reddish tie? What would your suggestions be?
I will contact him for this. Blue-gray was on my list for a while.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE; what to wear with petrol blue. It looks to be a very versatile color as it looks basically navy. I think you can pair it up with a number of style. I've worn a navy suit with a white shirt, black tie and shoes before and I thought it looked good. My favorite has to be with a blue shirt or pink shirt.

sk317

Reaction score
Nice, restocked fabrics. Anyone have one in the VBC 127 true navy? I really like that shade of blue (at least from the online image), and I was wondering how that'll fair in a conservative work environment. Is it too bright? Also, would that be more of a summer fabric or year round?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, it's funny you both mentioned that. Jason actually JUST restocked the SS, so I went ahead and placed an order for petrol blue. Haven't put much thought into the shirt/tie combo to be honest. I was maybe thinking a light shirt and reddish tie? What would your suggestions be?
I'm still exploring. What I am finding is white shirts with a red or pink or purple tie.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of TaT in the wild pictures today, in different lighting conditions. Jacket is a part of a suit. Pants are standalone.

loreley

Reaction score

A couple of TaT in the wild pictures today, in different lighting conditions. Jacket is a part of a suit. Pants are standalone.

Looks great, but I would have reversed the colorway. Navy Pants, Maroon jacket? It's just not 'go to hell' enough for me.

PDinh

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of trousers in the med grey houndstooth tweed. Needless to say I am very stoked. :D

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks great, but I would have reversed the colorway. Navy Pants, Maroon jacket? It's just not 'go to hell' enough for me.

Maroon jacket is too much for me, mate.

Jason is a stand up guy. I ordered 2 suits and they got in earlier this week. There was a discrepancy with them, and he is going to meet up with me later this week.

Planning on ordering 4 more suits before the year ends. :embar:

Pdin: that sounds good. If that pattern of houndstooth was available in brown, I would get a jacket.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maroon jacket is too much for me, mate.
Jason is a stand up guy. I ordered 2 suits and they got in earlier this week. There was a discrepancy with them, and he is going to meet up with me later this week.
Planning on ordering 4 more suits before the year ends. :embar:
Pdin: that sounds good. If that pattern of houndstooth was available in brown, I would get a jacket.

Jeez, it seems like you order a suit from him every other week. How many do you have from him so far?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jeez, it seems like you order a suit from him every other week. How many do you have from him so far?

I have 2 suits, and a pair of separated pants (those burgundy ones). These 2 suits helped me go through a set of 7 interviews that landed me a new job that is paying $12k more a year so I think they've done their job. :)

I got 2 suits in earlier this week, but they aren't wearable yet. Will meet with Jason later this week about the jackets. The pants are at my tailor getting the rear taken in as well.

My birthday is today so I decided to treat myself to some goodies...2 more suits.

And I plan on ordering 2 more suits by the end of this year. This should be it for a while. That should make for a total of 8 suits to keep me very versatile for nearly all occasions. Admittedly, the thought of getting a tux has come across my mind as well. :embar:

The reason I'm putting in more orders is because the new employer requires I wear suits.

Now I just need to find a good place to get MTM shirts as my guy is slacking off with the craftsmanship.

racknac

Reaction score
I wish Jason could get his hands on some sort of Donegal Tweed... something medium/light grew with flecks of color... would make an amazing suit... Our Legacy has something this FW season, but their fit is slightly off for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads