• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
No seersucker....

in general I'm not into the idea of "summer suits" (since I don't wear one for work) and if it's that hot the last thing I want to wear is a suit. I sympathize with those who do have to.

I do have the cotton/lycra....tho years ago I did read someplace, and I would agree with it after having made myself a cotton suit, that cotton actually isnt cooler to wear than a lightweight wool. The cotton suiting fabric has a harder finish to it so it's less drapey than wool and I wouldnt imagine it being cooler on a hot day. It is a nice alternative to wool since I have it avail in some odd colors, but I wouldnt say it's easier to wear when it's hot.

RyanLeez0r

Reaction score
BrianSD's pic of his new tweed 2 button suit on the TaT blog site looks ridiculously good. I would say best i've seen so far. Anymore pics Brian?

Casanova White

Reaction score
Just seen that myself and it's convinced me that TaT is almost certainly worth having a go with. The cut just looks so expensive and well fitted.

Just PM'd Jason in fact before I found the blog and the pictures on there.
Excited!

CW

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think people should post their measurements along with their pictures-- I'm fairly slim, but I have a feeling I'd look ridiculous in one of these suits. Just how thin do you have to be?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greentorii
hi Get Smart,

Are you guys planning to get any navy pinstripes fabric anytime soon?

Thank you.

I have some navy pinstripe, not much as I never get many requests for pinstripe

Originally Posted by Ataturk
I'm fairly slim, but I have a feeling I'd look ridiculous in one of these suits. Just how thin do you have to be?

the average buyer isnt that skinny...just normal-slim

a 36-38" chest with 30-32" stomach/waist is about the average size of buyers

greentorii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have some navy pinstripe, not much as I never get many requests for pinstripe

the average buyer isnt that skinny...just normal-slim

a 36-38" chest with 30-32" stomach/waist is about the average size of buyers

That's very encouraging to hear, as i am 38 chest and 31 waist. gonna order a suit soon, can't wait!
bigstar[1].gif

It's still $400 for styleforum members right?
inlove.gif

With regards to navy pinstripes...umm I thought it was almost inappropriate to wear a pure black or navy suit? This suit is for business occasions (networking, interview)...i swear to god i read in quite a few places with people saying not to pure blacks suits. Any insights on this?

dimshum

Reaction score
Jason,

How different is the ivy sack blazer from, say, a regular suit two button suit jacket in your line? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy an entire suit and simply wear the blazer as a casual item as well or invest in just a blazer.

Also, what fabric/color would make an extremely versatile (dressed up or down) blazer?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regards to navy pinstripes...umm I thought it was almost inappropriate to wear a pure black or navy suit? This suit is for business occasions (networking, interview)...i swear to god i read in quite a few places with people saying not to pure blacks suits. Any insights on this?

The guys over in MC will tell you that the "rules" state that black should be reserved for evening-wear, in which case you shouldn't be wearing a suit, but rather a tuxedo. The black suit is therefore the ill-begotten bastard child of menswear and is to be despised. Anyone caught violating this rule will be bludgeoned with copies of Manton's book.

Navy is fine though. There's never anything wrong with a plain navy suit. Saucemaster had a pretty good pic of his in the What Are You Wearing Thread about a week or two ago if you want to take a look.

greentorii

Reaction score
the one saucemaster was wearing looks good.

Now that exact same 3 button suit, what are the real options available in terms of tie? I don't think the standard width of tie will work, cause lapel is pretty thin.

BUT, i don't like slim/skinny ties either because i don't think it's professional for a business networking/interview event.

Would the suit work with a tie with a width of 3 1/2?

image attached:
midnightnavyunbuttonedwalk3.jpg

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Just got my suit today. Great work guys. The jacket is perfect. I guess e-mailing him almost everyday regarding the measurements helped
tongue.gif
. The pants need altering though. They're a little bit bottom heavy currently. I'm gonna have it reduced an inch throughout. Will definitely order again in the future.
tatsuitvp4.jpg

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the one saucemaster was wearing looks good.

Now that exact same 3 button suit, what are the real options available in terms of tie? I don't think the standard width of tie will work, cause lapel is pretty thin.

BUT, i don't like slim/skinny ties either because i don't think it's professional for a business networking/interview event.

Would the suit work with a tie with a width of 3 1/2?

I think that's actually the 1-btn model, with 2.5'' notch lapels. A skinner tie would look better, but that doesn't mean it has to be a "skinny" tie. Maybe something around 3''? That width can definitely be professional - the British have been doing it for a long time.

greentorii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
I think that's actually the 1-btn model, with 2.5'' notch lapels. A skinner tie would look better, but that doesn't mean it has to be a "skinny" tie. Maybe something around 3''? That width can definitely be professional - the British have been doing it for a long time.

cool, thanks for the insight =)

@mr.potatoe: how is the construction/quality of the jacket compared to some name brands? and what colour is that suit? it's hard for me to tell on my computer screen

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the insight =)

@mr.potatoe: how is the construction/quality of the jacket compared to some name brands? and what colour is that suit? it's hard for me to tell on my computer screen

I can't speak for quality, since this is the first suit I have that cost more than $400. Though out of my H&M, and various Macy's suits, the construction definitely feels better. On a first impression basis, probably comparable to Ralph Lauren Blue Label.

If there's anything to complain, it's the fabric. I got the medium gray super 120. The colour is a lot lighter than shown in my pic. It's no Zegna, but for $450+, it's still a fantastic MTM deal that's hard to pass up.

If you're worried about tie width, Jason will definitely work with you to make your suit more conservative as with mine. Replacing my 3 - 4" width tie collection with skinnier ties just for a suit is certainly inconceivable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads