• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyanLeez0r
here is my TAT suit that I got not too long ago.

I think maybe my front chest measurements are too large?

else what do u guys thinks?

My TaT suit fits the same way in the sleeves. I've been working out for a while, and now it's a really tight fit now in the chest, shoulders and upper arms.

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread I've just placed my first order for a charcoal flannel 2 button. I'm so excited!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm sorting out the sleeve issue which seems to occur 1 in 10 to make it 0 in 10. It's not necessarily a pitch issue but I think it's caused by one particular person who is attaching sleeves not doing a good job so that's something being addressed right now.

btw, I'm out of town Thurs-Monday so if any emails during thur-mon can wait til after monday that would be greatly appreciated.

nickG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm sorting out the sleeve issue which seems to occur 1 in 10 to make it 0 in 10. It's not necessarily a pitch issue but I think it's caused by one particular person who is attaching sleeves not doing a good job so that's something being addressed right now.

btw, I'm out of town Thurs-Monday so if any emails during thur-mon can wait til after monday that would be greatly appreciated.

Just placed my order. Hope you can get that sleeve thing figured out. Thanks for the help w/ the measurements

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mookie
1002675fb3.jpg

I think the suit doesn't shape your physics well;

1. The front slanted pocket accentuates your unflattering waist line resulting in a image of a 7-month pregnant belly.
2. The trousers are too short; no break for fat (like me) or short guys shortened/widens the legs.

rando

Reaction score
is there any shipment tracking or does it just magically appear at your doorstep 1 day?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rando
is there any shipment tracking or does it just magically appear at your doorstep 1 day?

I send a shipping confirmation when it's mailed.

tighty88

Reaction score
Are you up for doing cropped suits for us short guys anytime in the future?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tighty88
Are you up for doing cropped suits for us short guys anytime in the future?

Trust me, the suits are extremely short in the first place. In fact, I actually had to lengthen mine, so I wouldn't worry about length.

mickeymickey

Reaction score
Alright so it took me a little while due to my busy schedule, but I got to the tailor and got my pants trimmed down. I definitely messed up the measurements guys. Remember to have the tape measure snug when you measure. I basically took measurements somewhere between loose and snug. When I order my next suit I'll be retaking the measurements for the jacket as well.

Here's some pictures.

nickG

Reaction score
the pants look good to me. did you use another pair of pants as a reference at all? or did you just give your measurements?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Jason,

How much material do you need for a custom lining?

Thanks

Casanova White

Reaction score
Just a thought, and I don't know whether this has been mentioned already.

In order to help with the measuring process would it not be a good idea to have a video showing you how to take the measurements needed for the suit?
I noticed that they have these on ravistailor but they are only brief clips for each measurement and with no sound to explain subtleties that need be accounted for when taking each measurement.

I suspect that when going through the e-mail consultation, how to measure yourself is explained in greater detail but I think a video explaining would be excellent. Plus personally I feel that if when stumbling across the TaT website somebody can straight away view a video which explains clearly the measurements needed and how to get them in the precise manner that is needed, their mind will be put at ease and they will be encouraged to give it a go.

Just my 2 pence

CW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads