• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
swooc, yes, it looks like the jacket doesn't reach your curled fingers. What are you going to do? Could this have been avoided?

Re-read the last sentence of Swooc's own post. In any case it's a bit short but looks ok as a trendier cut suit.

swooc

Reaction score
i could have easily avoided it by telling jason i wanted a longer length. if i did it would have only been as long as where the bottom zipper seam is. a length that reaches the curl of my fingers is too long for my taste, and imo ruins the whole aesthetics of what a TaT suit represents. my initial direction for this suit was to be aggressive so i'm satisfied with the current length. i think the light shade helps exaggerate the shortness of the jacket. if i ever go for another light colour suit i'll probably have the length extended a little.

joejackson, i don't think there is too much extra fabric at the bottom for you to extend the length. i'd say a max of 1"? i'm not sure how they can get around the curves at the bottom.

justin, that looks very nice. i've always hated 3 button jackets, but i'm starting to really like them.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Navy flannel 3 button in house cut:

imgp0832.jpg

nice to see TaT worn in mod style.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Thanks. They are 2.75. I have a couple 2.5, but I think for me, the 2.75 is about the perfect lapel width.

is yours the 3 button ivy sack cut?

IronFist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothmoose
Have any of you guys heard from Jason recently? My suit was shipped out prior to Christmas and I have still not received it. Did any of you get a tracking number with your shipment?

I haven't gotten a response from him since I email this weekend.

Same here. I asked him two days ago for a tracking number. I'm curious if my suit is stuck in customs or the holiday void.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my own wedding in Aug 01 this year. Wanted to get a new suit for the wedding and thinking of getting my first TaT / MTM suit. Most likely go with a 2 button conservative cut. Wondering if anybody can suggest a colour besides BLACK that I can go with? I originally wanted to go for a tweed pattern, but my fiancee thinks that is too casual since Im the groom. Want to do something a little different instead of the standard black suit and tie. Perhaps a bow tie? Any help would be appreciated as I know next to know about suits. I enjoy the fit of TaT as they are slimmer.

Thanks

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
is yours the 3 button ivy sack cut?

I went with the two button cut. It is not a true sack cut jacket as it has a bit of waist suppression. If you email Jason and ask him he should be able to give you all the specifications he used for me. At this point I go with whatever he thinks looks good as he has not lead me astray yet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads