• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Adam24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by durz
Initial observations: - Rear of thighs, should be easily fixed at a local tailor. - Shoulders may be ~0.5" too wide each side. - Under arm and back of arm creasing. I have tiny arms so I don't really fill out the armhole. Hopefully it gets lessened once I have the suit pressed. All in all quite satisfied. What are your thoughts?
How do they fix that?

brozeus

Reaction score
shoulders do look a little wide, but still fits better than most RTW I would say

durz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam24
How do they fix that?

They take it in a little but I'm not sure on the exact process. I've had that problem with every pair of pants I've owned so far. I show it to the tailor and they know what immediately to do with it. I'll try to find out next time.

swooc

Reaction score
what is wrong with the back of the thighs anyway? the small flair near the ass cheeks?

i like the jacket length. makes me want to get a tad longer length with my next basic suit. overall pretty damn good for a first order.

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
005-11.jpg

very very very nice...
worship.gif

are the lapels 2.75" or 3"?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vncrz
very very very nice...
worship.gif

are the lapels 2.75" or 3"?

Thanks. They are 2.75. I have a couple 2.5, but I think for me, the 2.75 is about the perfect lapel width.

stunna7516

Reaction score
If I were to do this, what would you guys recommend for an athletic (5.11, 155 lbs, not super slim but definitely swimming in most off the rack suits) build and a need for great versatility in my first suit? I know I would prefer dark charcoal (or navy as a second choice) and 2 button modern fit, but beyond that when it comes to suits I'm pretty clueless.

swooc

Reaction score
i'd imagine charcoal in the conservative cut is what most people go for as their first tat suit. this came in the mail today. pow #52 with type 1 slant pockets (about 20 degrees). the fabric is pretty lightweight making the suit feel a little roomier than my previous ones. but i think i've finally hit the measurements i like. i feel the overall balance would have been better if the jacket was slightly longer. 1/2"- 1"?
4228132093_dd2498b634.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by perpetua
I see the site lists $443 as the base price for a suit, but I can't find the base price for just a jacket. Anyone know?

I believe the price of the suit is 480 and just the jacket was in the mid 300 range. I forgot the exact price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads