• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The worst feeling in the world...

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Amphetamine comedowns are the absolute worst.

What are they like?

I'm a pretty anxious person normally (in fact, if anyone has watched Peep Show I AM Mark Corrigan). But the comedown from MM-CAT was just so bad I nearly ran out of my flat for six miles and jumped off London Bridge. And by nearly I mean really wanted to, I didn't get out the front door.

I can not emphasize how horrible that was, I'm always telling people this but please don't do it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Amphetamine comedowns are the absolute worst.

Originally Posted by Magician
I take it you've never done blow.

OP is a decent troll though. Good setup and just believable enough. 8/10.

Both are a cakewalk vs. acid comedown.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JammieDodger
What are they like?

I'm a pretty anxious person normally (in fact, if anyone has watched Peep Show I AM Mark Corrigan). But the comedown from MM-CAT was just so bad I nearly ran out of my flat for six miles and jumped off London Bridge. And by nearly I mean really wanted to, I didn't get out the front door.

I can not emphasize how horrible that was, I'm always telling people this but please don't do it.

mephedrone-cat.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

You mean Acid as in LSD? Because I would beg to differ. Maybe if you had a particularly bad trip.....

w.mj

Reaction score

Though I've never indulged in that particular vice, I agree with your assessment. I once saw someone come down from Acid over the course of about two hours and she looked like she was on death's doorstep for at least half the time. Eventually, I wimped out and took her to the hospital.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.mj
Though I've never indulged in that particular vice, I agree with your assessment. I once saw someone come down from Acid over the course of about two hours and she looked like she was on death's doorstep for at least half the time. Eventually, I wimped out and took her to the hospital.
You mean Acid as in LSD? Because I would beg to differ. Maybe if you had a particularly bad trip.....
Magician is the correct choice. My experiences coming down from an acid trip were like blissful, quiet sunrises on a secluded beach: peaceful, bright, clean. A re-birth. The only time I ever saw anyone have trouble with acid was with bad acid, and it was bad only a couple hours in. Depending on just how bad the bad acid was, it could make for a long, long time of badness.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was speaking from a purely academic level, based on observations of people in tertiary settings, not from personal experience. Of course.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could see Acid being psychologically taxing but no real physical component other than aches et al. incurred by the inevitable odd behavior of the user. Of course one of the real dangers of synthetics is an impure or entirely different product so some LSD horror stories may have been incurred by a cut or contaminated batch. Mushrooms can have a rougher comedown and cause some real queasiness on the comedown but still nothing compared to strong opiates or stimulants.
I was speaking from a purely academic level, based on observations of people in tertiary settings, not from personal experience. Of course.
As am I. Of course.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As am I. Of course.

I'm not.

Originally Posted by kendall.luther
You could try explaining your reasoning to them. But I would invite your friend. You said yourself he's more your family than your blood family. I'd be offended if my very close friend didnt invite me to her wedding.

WTF?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Also, I hear near misses of alcohol poisoning can be might eff'ing rough.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
trying to tear the edge section off a piece of paper along the dotted line but it tears straight into the page. ugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads