• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

faue

Reaction score
Not feeling the matchiness of the shoes and T-shirt but otherwise a great fit. So jealous of this shirt, been on the hunt for a while!

Thanks! I had the same concern about the matchiness. I’m considering oiling them until they’re more of a chestnut color.

If you do manage to track down the shirt, prepare yourself for endless comparisons to one’s grandmother’s upholstery.

Last edited:

NO MERCY

Reaction score
A day for chores in the garage ...

Evan Kinori.The Hillside.Solovair

sebflynn

Reaction score

In an airport bathroom, everything from l ebay jacket is rather closed and long in the front, silk linen blend, perhaps a bit old man-ish.
Silk scarf, shawl lapel cardigan, light blue polo, dark denim and mid brown chukka boots with a burnished toe.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1192785
In an airport bathroom, everything from l ebay jacket is rather closed and long in the front, silk linen blend, perhaps a bit old man-ish.
Silk scarf, shawl lapel cardigan, light blue polo, dark denim and mid brown chukka boots with a burnished toe.

I like long jackets in the right context but this is certainly not it. The jacket is way too formal in both cut and fabric for the rest of the outfit.

You need loose wide leg trousers in a similar fabric to the jacket, and it should be a summer outfit, not something worn over a cardigan.

sebflynn

Reaction score
I like long jackets in the right context but this is certainly not it. The jacket is way too formal in both cut and fabric for the rest of the outfit.

You need loose wide leg trousers in a similar fabric to the jacket, and it should be a summer outfit, not something worn over a cardigan.
The cut is definitely very formal but I don't really like an unstructured jacket something about structure gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, I also couldn't imagine it as part of a suit as it's mostly silk it would be beyond delicate and the trousers would be a mess with all that linen.

verver

Reaction score
Feel like the whole fit is too affected for air travel. That’s all

sebflynn

Reaction score
the jacket looks too structured and too big, especially with skinny denim
Definitely not skinny denim, roomier fit than 501s, as I mentioned earlier I like structure, that being said it would definitely be better with a natural shoulder rather than the roping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads