• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zenni Yucca Aviators
Men's Tek Gear Dry Tek Tee
Casio Gshock DW5600BB
Buc'ees swim trunks
Allen Edmond's Venture Weatherproof Chukka boots

Heading into Walmart to buy some masks

Attachments

• 270405361_10159996908662387_1710659919606411726_n.jpg
    270405361_10159996908662387_1710659919606411726_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 76

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Veilance has a very nice minimalist design that wears like a tech upgrade to a a mac coat. The Gore-Tex is more water resistant/proof but is more rigid and so the movement is not as unconstrained, you definitely have to use the two way zipper to unzip from the bottom to sit in a car with it on otherwise it bunched uncomfortably. The zipper itself is small and a little tricky to use, it doesn't always load and unload as well as chunkier zippers do. This means a little bit of fidgeting before it can be used. The biggest pragmatic issue is that the neck line, while very formal wear friendly (esp without the hood on), doesn't keep air/water out around the neck and upper chest. This leaves your pretty cold unless you wear a scarf or neck warmer. Thats still fine and good but doesn't make it a good grab and go

The acronym is much much more pragmatically designed. It has two inner chest pockets, 4 external pockets that are very large. Given the volume of the coat, putting things in the pockets doesn't deform the coat the way that the galvanic gets lumpy. It also has a 2 quick snap set ups, you can either snap on the buttons along the zipper from top to bottom OR you can snap the central button to a seperate more lateral button that cinches the coat over and then tie the tie. This makes it much easier to throw on. It also has a two zip system where the second zip is a short zip that just does the neck. this adds flexibility and does a good job of keeping the neck and chest warm.

TLDR;
Veilance - more formal, less warm esp around the neck, stiffer
Acronym - more casual and functional, lots of nice ease of use features
And it can be SLUNG

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nvm

Last edited:

ejay1

Reaction score
Zenni Yucca Aviators
Men's Tek Gear Dry Tek Tee
Casio Gshock DW5600BB
Buc'ees swim trunks
Allen Edmond's Venture Weatherproof Chukka boots

Heading into Walmart to buy some masks
if ur still in walmart I recommend checking out their George and Faded Glory men's line

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief41510