• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Pretty much all tags do, some are in code. I think that one was from 09. I should have copped the bubble knit one the year before it still mad about that.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New coat

Schneider
Margiela
Lemaire
Dries

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, really nice. wish i'd picked up one of those film coats. i had the idea that schneider outerwear works best for narrow-shouldered people but this looks great on you and synthese.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a VII and I was extremely worried about being too big based on measurements but its actually pushing the limits of tightness in the shoulders and sleeves. The arm holes are really high and it's honestly not comfortable with the sweater under it (I took it off now).
But yeah you'd have to size based off shoulders more than anything else.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought that Margiela highs look the coolest with wider jeans and almost used as sidezips with the jeans covering them up

If Regis makes a request... My take on a margiela lookbook (done with mostly Geller)

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah, really nice. wish i'd picked up one of those film coats. i had the idea that schneider outerwear works best for narrow-shouldered people but this looks great on you and synthese.

I found Schneider overcoats at least to be fairly fully cut. Film coat does seem to be a bit different, much as OV describes. But I think things in the Conversation coat vein are pretty suitable for wider shoulders.

@ChetB Really like the lines and proportions in your recent fits.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@WBaker Haha bro that looks real nice! Makes me want to get a pair of the high tops. Do you like the way they look compared to the tuck behind tongue look?

From my experience Margiela started to put an actual year on the tag circa 2010 (could be wrong though). Pieces before that have some sort of cryptic numbers that i have no idea how to decipher. I think @ChetB knit is from 2009? There was a very similar knit with what looks like a much less pronounced shawl on Farfetch not too long ago. It was even described as a "brick knit"

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is only my experience for jackets, but if there's a Comm line on the tag the last 4 digits correspond to year and season. so 0001 would correspond to spring/summer 2000 and 0002 would correspond to fall/winter 2000.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Regis yeah I'm digging it. The tongue on these are pretty thick but basically all padding so its comfy for sure. I'm still a sucker for the side zips because they're just so easy and I never wear shorts anyways. Lacing stuff up always bugs me... it's the only thing holding me back on some more substantial boots to wear with my Cloak gear.

Good to know on the margiela tags, explains why I can't decipher when my shawl tweed coat was made.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i own 3 pairs of 3-16s. first there was a gray pair i dyed black. then i got the blue pair and tapered them. since the gray/black pair are pretty beat up now, it was time for a new pair of black jeans. so i got a new black pair and tapered those.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurKelly651