• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goon 4 lief

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Edit: Following the often issued wish of a single person I felt obligated to remove this masterpiece.

Last edited:

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Kind of an impromptu picture, so forgive the shoddy quality, lack of details, etc. etc. This is about as close to an actual fitpic I'm ever going to get, though.

(Sunspel/Sunspel/Acne)

here my brother's wedding social. leaving in a few hours! the air hurts my face

Right on, at least somebody gets to escape from this place. If you - or anybody else from the forum - are ever in Winnipeg, just let me know if you want to hang out for a bit or something.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Oh @clapeyron, you are just incorrigible! Please to remove that horrific pic angled up my nose. Thnx

thatguymj

Reaction score

Sorry thatguymj, but pretty much all your fits come out looking dorky despite the pieces themselves being nice enough

I think you'll benefit from sizing up on your pants or experiment with fuller cuts, like prurient or that dude Yom from superfuture:

That's a really, really cool coat. Is it the one that brothersport was selling on B&S? Anyway, from what I can tell the sweater you've layered beneath it matches very well too. You may already have this figured out, but the full oomph of the top half would really benefit from more contrast in the bottom half. And something other than beater sneakers. I'm sure the Ute pants are really great, but I think that a navy bottom leaves everything looking a bit flat. Or it's possible the colors are off a little bit in the photo. Either way, I think something like white jeans + black boots, or grey trousers + brown shoes or boots would look nice.
El bert posts some pretty good stuff, but he's got a bad habit of taking his photos in awful light. That's probably not a path you want to follow. :p

Can't really get more than a very limited impression of how the whole fit looks. I agree with reedo's comment: you could probably swap out the sneakers for something like lace-up boots to bring down that dork-factor (I'm thinking the heritage stuff would work well with what you wear).

If you do want to pull of a dork aesthetic, well, that's also possible. Check out fishbones for really well-executed dorkmusician style. Old mellow fellow fits might be worthwhile to look at too. They're like the more grown-up, fiscally conservative dad version of fishbones. If that's what you want to do of course.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that pic is bit distorted as I'm not quite as short or fat as that pic makes me look. (i'm 6'1 185)

I have fuller pants and will try to post a pic with them later this week.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I worked fifteen minutes on this impeccable shooop maaaan!

No ****? Had no idea those took so long. :(

Feel free to put up the shooop and leave out the orig. One vis of my nasal cavity I think will suffice.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. What pants are those? I like the buttoned up look with the shirt. I think I'd have the sleeves shortened.

(Anybody seen the movie Cocoon?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy