• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trying out new camera

LL

LL

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roden Gray carried that jacket last summer and I wasn't a fan but I think you pulled it off.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought it off Roden Gray. hahaha. It's really not that hard. Someone else posted a picture with it and it looked good. I wish I got one size bigger though.

I think it looks better open

LL

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from Yohji thread.

Ivwri, cool fit but I can't help imagining some kind of big sash going right across the waist of trousers- might not work with the stripes on the T though

my bathroom pics now:

h&m floral
spurr
cp combat ****

and found a jacket like hoozahs ( not rlly - less cool and probably feels like **** in comparison) while passing by a john varvatos sample sale somewhere. got a pic for lulz later

vanishing elephant t with yarn knitted into the seam of the shirt - also has chest pocket
LVC 505 ( these get more and more awesome but the honeycombs are a bit off because the pair that they're based off of was apparently was a tall skinny blkgjab )
vanishing elephant

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vanishing Elephant are pretty comfortable on foot with the bit of cushion in the insole.

But I can't help but feel like they are going to fall apart.

GILT also sent me a pair I THINK with some sticky gum/wax on the sole :uhoh:
Not going to go through the hassle of returning as I'll break it in and the sole should be fine, but gross

Fits look good Milano minus the angle. I miss denim ...

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks toast!

They are super comfortable and will last a while if you sized your normal size. For some reason my left foot is bigger than my right and the left shoe (which was tight at first) ripped a bit in the sole (sole's glued not stitched) . Leather on the shoes suck too but the profile, which I care about most regarding shoes these days (amidoingitwrong?), is really nice and slim. They're pretty nice beaters though and I love not having to care to about taking care of the shoes :embar:

Also just find one pair of denims that you love and wear the **** out of it when you're feeling lazy :satisfied:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes I picked up the black suede pair from GILT

It is nice because it is pretty light footwear, shoe can be resoled both upper and lower (replace rubber insole?), and overall shape is pleasing.
FWIW people were right about sizing TTS.

Like you I just picked them up to beat around in.

Some quick photos:

7518398078_ebc3cdb733.jpg

7518398676_027fb01b22.jpg

7518396008_77e1976235.jpg

I also swapped out the default laces. They are horrible and thick for a shoe like this

I'm going to just work bottom up. Happy with shoes overall, next are pants & denim then onto knits and outerwear. I'm doing it wrong I think

FYI, those AnnD boots are a pain to get my foot in. I just don't even bother with the lacing of the shaft anymore. I also realized last night that the entire boot inside is lined in a smooth leather, which is nice. So, it is not such suede on suede.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^My last pair will be some brown suede Jodhpurs .. already thought about it and I'm pretty set on it.

I think Lobb makes a few pairs I think

This last pair will require some more fact finding

bows1 had a nice pair on in a WAYWT

tumblr_m4l1g8G83d1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

but in suede

edit:
These were also pretty nice and sold for a great price...
c488Q.jpg

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^My last pair will be some brown suede Jodhpurs .. already thought about it and I'm pretty set on it.
I think Lobb makes a few pairs I think
This last pair will require some more fact finding
bows1 had a nice pair on in a WAYWT

but in suede
edit:

c488Q.jpg

trickers makes a nice pair of brown jodhpurs, don't know if they're suede. Was gonna buy them a few years ago, not too badly priced, definitely not Lobb pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads