• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the lady a lot and its pretty cheap. She just needs more direction. I'm bad at articulating what I want. Last place I got it cut was some ****** walk in place because I needed it cleaned up for an event.

A pretty cheap haircut is usually going to end up looking pretty cheap. These types of barbers may know how to cut hair, but I find they just don't know how to cut it well. Also, I think you may want to find a barber shop, one that has mostly youngish barbers. Not one of those nondescript hair cutters you might find in a strip mall. One that caters to a young adult clientèle, where it's clear that they have a love for the profession. I feel like these types of places are more receptive to their clients, as opposed to some places that are afraid to get a bit adventurous with the hair clippers.

Or, if you're desperate, you could always buy a hair clippers and do it yourself...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I totally agree. The lady who cuts my hair doesn't seem to "get it" though. She always gives me a weird look when I tell her I want a 1 on the sides and volume on top. Maybe I'll bring a picture of macklemore or bows next time. What are people with that kind of style getting on the sides? 1 or 0? My hair also grows crazy fast which doesn't help.
where do you go to git your hurr did?
Those photos are 10x better than the photos most people post here, if you're going to complain at anyone don't complain at him!
shog%5B1%5D.gif
this

fireflygrave

Reaction score
real damn windy today

#windowpic

siki im/isaora/chucks

fireflygrave

Reaction score

Not feeling it. The chucks ruin any hope of it working, especially.

fair enough. ideal styling in my mind would be paired with the siki pants I also got, and some slip ons. have some marvielab canvas ones coming in soon to try :)

edit: FWIW I really think this thing looks better in motion/person than in my iphone pix

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

where do you go to git your hurr did?
this

just cut it on st. paul. it's an older lady who's super nice. any good recs? there's supposedly a really good place up somewhere around loyola but I haven't ventured over there yet. I cant really afford expensive cuts :embar:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

just cut it on st. paul. it's an older lady who's super nice. any good recs? there's supposedly a really good place up somewhere around loyola but I haven't ventured over there yet. I cant really afford expensive cuts :embar:

im not sure what is considered expensive for haircuts these days, but i go to about faces in pikesville. i use a french guy named alain (go ahead and sig that). he does a great job with the little hair i have left. i know they have other locations, but that is where my guy works. costs like $40 bucks, plus tip if that is your thing (i do).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried all the different levels at Toni & Guy before just giving up and cutting my own hair with a little buzzing razor. Only difference is now sometimes people ask me where I got it cut.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get my hair cut at some barbour school for free where you basically get to be practice for some random guy who has no clue how to cut hair, always comes out quite good, but they take like 2 hours to do it. I also get wet shaved there once in a while, which is a bit more scary. How perfect do you really need your hair to be?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

im not sure what is considered expensive for haircuts these days, but i go to about faces in pikesville. i use a french guy named alain (go ahead and sig that). he does a great job with the little hair i have left. i know they have other locations, but that is where my guy works. costs like $40 bucks, plus tip if that is your thing (i do).

He must be VERY talented to make sure all 12 of your hairs are the same length. ;)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im excited to see ffgs retooling with siki im pants and mlabs :slayer:

xM.

Reaction score

You shouldn't have to pay much, though. I agree that a big part of it is assertiveness, but my local barber charges $22 and I get a near perfect cut every time since I started going there. I used to have the same problem as you, where they wouldn't shave the sides down enough. Switched barbers, was a little more forceful (always have to get them to make it tighter at the top/sides of my head) and I'm super satisfied. Plus I've found that people cutting hair almost enjoy you knowing what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads