• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That PCM spiel sounds like marketing bullshit to me. While I don't doubt that spacesuits really do operate on that premise, and that the knit contains some type of 'new' material, I can't imagine it actually working. There's no way that undercover has the R&D heft to develop such a material, and if they had you would see it literally everywhere in high-end outdoors brands such as arc'teryx. It sounds like it's basically a synthetic shearling. That type of technology would be worth billions.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More successful than yesterday's I think...
Please excuse the extra stubble I'm toying with a fuller beard.

Yeah this is better. That sweater pic was off. Try the sweater with these jeans and see what happens.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This part is good:

5tgY9.jpg

This part is awful. Those are some of the worst jeans I have seen on SF. Cant see sneakers.

e3HFn.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That PCM spiel sounds like marketing bullshit to me.  While I don't doubt that spacesuits really do operate on that premise, and that the knit contains some type of 'new' material, I can't imagine it actually working.  There's no way that undercover has the R&D heft to develop such a material, and if they had you would see it literally everywhere in high-end outdoors brands such as arc'teryx.  It sounds like it's basically a synthetic shearling.  That type of technology would be worth billions.

isaora and stone island have some materials that operate in the same manner iirc

1969, is that a jil cardi? i totally thought this was jetdawg when i saw it :eek:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

isaora and stone island have some materials that operate in the same manner iirc
1969, is that a jil cardi? i totally thought this was jetdawg when i saw it :eek:

same with nomis like 5 years ago.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jwied, what cut of julian red is that? also, how would you say they are in terms of quality?

they are the hoboken cut, which used to be the perfect tapered cut with a little bit of slouch. But JR changed the hoboken fit a few years ago and its not as good anymore :(
They arent selvedge and don't say where they are made anywhere on the tags, but the quality seems to be great. They've held up better than probably any jeans i have.
One thing i really like is that the denim is 100% cotton, which is kinda rare in a tapered, skinny jeans, but they are still really comfy (probably because mine are a size up from what i normally wear in most other jeans)
I suspect that the quality isn't quite as good anymore, and now they are making some JulianJulianJulian line, which bascially looks like cheap monday with a slightly higher price tag :/

Would really love to get my hands on some more of their early season stuff, but i doubt that's gonna happen anymore.

i used to have sooo much JR stuff. i have one pair of calis for sale on sufu. got rid of the rest of it ages ago though. detroit cut maybe my favorite cut of jeans ever, and nikki sixx definitely my favorite wash ever

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That PCM spiel sounds like marketing bullshit to me. While I don't doubt that spacesuits really do operate on that premise, and that the knit contains some type of 'new' material, I can't imagine it actually working. There's no way that undercover has the R&D heft to develop such a material, and if they had you would see it literally everywhere in high-end outdoors brands such as arc'teryx. It sounds like it's basically a synthetic shearling. That type of technology would be worth billions.
I think it's been disscussed elsewhere already but from what I remember it kinda works in the sense that you will stay warm or cool a bit longer and that sudden changes in temperature will affect you a bit less, it's nothing miraculous. I don't see a reason to doubt it's dervived from technologies originally developed for NASA and I'm pretty sure that several outdoors brands use PCM tech in some of their jackets, obviously that doesn't automatically means it works or is worth the price. But Undercover remains a fashion brand first and I doubt the PCM thing is the only motivation to buy that hoodie, I know I'd get the entire 09 collection if I could, working PCM or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics