• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqur

Reaction score
******* hate thom brownes label, especially on pants, drives me crazy.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Love TB pant (where'd you kop?) but not with the Lanvins. Could use a jacket.

thanks man. trousers are from Barneys. Colette has some good ones too. You cant see it in the pics but the bottom is unfinished (some of his SS10 pieces are purposefully like that).

I almost wore this unlined rag & bone summer blazer instead of the pullover but i thought it was too formal for just walking around/going to stores.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
love the pants. some loafers might be better than the lanvins, as much as you love them.
would have paired them with thom browne shoes but they are like 1.5 grand or something
Originally Posted by Joqur
******* hate thom brownes label, especially on pants, drives me crazy.
lol. you could use a seam ripper to take em off. for some reason i really like it when it is way down at the bottom of the pant leg. his more formal pants dont have it. woo hoo 700 posts. im comin' for ya jet

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Nothing formal about a summer blazer. Still casual wear. It'd balance out the rise / waistband on the pants (which is to me what makes them a win). Actually a TB or BBBF jacket owith a pattern (check?) would really kill it there.

Joqur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
lol. you could use a seam ripper to take em off. for some reason i really like it when it is way down at the bottom of the pant leg. his more formal pants dont have it.
yea i know you can, thats what goes through my head everytime i see browne pieces to convince myself what i would do if i did want to buy them.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0911.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I'm so sorry, because you usually look excellent, but it had to be done. Not too tight, but wayyyyyyyyy way way too high.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
casual conformity featuring Thom Browne
IMG_0938.png
IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg

How high are you wearing those trousers? They look massively hiked up (as per Listi's point) (though they look to be high-waisted so maybe that's the TB aesthetic?)

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just the rise and the fact that there's no belt, they're not hiked and if you sagged them it would look marsupialed.

Then maybe they shouldn't have been bought in the first place, because if they'd look marsupialed sagged, and pretty bad not sagged, then it's not a good cut, and should be avoided... Sq always makes +J look great, so it's not his proportions, it's quite obviously the pants just not working very well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
they're made to be worn with a jacket. its a vintage look and is intended.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Nothing formal about a summer blazer. Still casual wear. It'd balance out the rise / waistband on the pants (which is to me what makes them a win). Actually a TB or BBBF jacket owith a pattern (check?) would really kill it there.

yeah good point. you should see some of the blazers coming out
wow.gif
wow.gif
(at least i hope they will make it to stores). I got this awesome lookbook of his (the grey book on the orange table). ill scan some pics and send em to u.

Originally Posted by Listi
I'm so sorry, because you usually look excellent, but it had to be done. Not too tight, but wayyyyyyyyy way way too high.

lol. thankssssss listi. the pants are really high rise and are roomy where the upper back thigh meets the butt. so i think they look kind of bad sagging. although, in-line with your theory, i believe they are designed to be worn more casually than i did given the material (thick canvas-type cotton like his shirts if you are familiar at all) & unfinished pant legs. i added the cuff and the front/back creases myself to change the look a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads