The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colabear

colabear Senior member

if you decide to do the suede patches, might as well have the buttons replaced with chestnut brown braided leather ones : )

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I however don't subscribe to the stacked jeans thing. They break once in the front, which I find perfect. You can see this in the full body where I am standing up straight. In the shoe shot, they are pulled up higher since I am bending down with the camera.

I'm not seeing what makes the individual pieces "old man". I can get that feeling about the loafers, but even that is highly dependent on your perspective.

your jeans are hemmed like dress pants. I am not talking about the break -- there is no visible stitching at the hem. That looks odd to me.

3. Waffle

Waffle Well-Known Member

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

your jeans are hemmed like dress pants. I am not talking about the break -- there is no visible stitching at the hem. That looks odd to me.
    Same thought I had.

The shoes also screamed 'old man' to me. It can be subjective on my part, but I like all style of dress shoes...wing tips, cap toes, Norwegian welt, etc. except for that style.

I actually like the cardigan and the pattern of the tie.

If the age Moo stated is true, then I'm around your bracket too for what it's worth.

5. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

I have thought about the suede elbow patches. I do think it could be a nice look.

I think light blue chambray could be really nice. I've been looking for one for a while.

Shoes would be good sans socks, but its a bit cold for now. It will happen once it warms up.

love the tie, wish it were slimmer though i think that would help a lot. if you dont want stacks you gotta go a whole lot darker than that in terms of wash

6. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

awesome

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Waffle are those your balls or camel toe? The ridiculously short jacket makes your already elongated self look otherwordly, like an extra in Avatar sans blue skin. You should consider a more balanced outfit the next time you venture out of the Gaia.

8. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

ah, I see. They are actually not hemmed, just folded up. I have been putting off getting them done, then just sort of forgot. Now that it has been brought to my attention, maybe I'll finally have them hemmed.

Same thought I had.

The shoes also screamed 'old man' to me. It can be subjective on my part, but I like all style of dress shoes...wing tips, cap toes, Norwegian welt, etc. except for that style.

I actually like the cardigan and the pattern of the tie.

If the age Moo stated is true, then I'm around your bracket too for what it's worth.

I think tassel loafer have that effect on a lot of people. I like them and have seen them on young people. Not that it matters, but it seems like I see them all the time on American Prep fashion blogs, and some of the Italian-centric ones.

love the tie, wish it were slimmer though i think that would help a lot. if you dont want stacks you gotta go a whole lot darker than that in terms of wash

Thanks. I love the tie as well. Its only 3 inches wide, which as about where I like my ties, excluding knits which I like a bit narrower.

What is the rational for no stack requiring a darker wash? That doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't want any of my pants to be too long, regardless of color.

9. West24

West24 Senior member

Waffle are those your balls or camel toe? The ridiculously short jacket makes your already elongated self look otherwordly, like an extra in Avatar sans blue skin. You should consider a more balanced outfit the next time you venture out of the Gaia.

there is no camel toe there. its clearly just the way the jeans fold when standing still. the jacket looks great i think. italian style tailoring. seems like youre just knocking someone for the point of it. are you short by any chance?

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

there is no camel toe there. its clearly just the way the jeans fold when standing still. the jacket looks great i think. italian style tailoring. seems like youre just knocking someone for the point of it. are you short by any chance?

Incorrect. The jacket looks tiny on his long frame. It is not a good look for him. I am likely shorter than him, but not short by the standard of height in my country.

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....o5Bh2LcqccE%3D [​IMG] sorry, can't get the first to work. a couple from the past couple of days. the top is in milano on the duomo and the second is in firenze on one of the bridges. they're similar cause i packed very lightly/don't care.
    late pass but this is nice.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

this thread has way too much unfunny hostility that serves no purpose

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

lol ~

it is destiny

edit-you think that colorblock shirt would not fit? so sad. I have a 40 (spring) that fits and a 40 (fall) that doesnt (in my FS threak). I was hoping that yours would run on the larger side, since it is spring collection.

my bad i been bad about responding to pms i'll get you and other homie some measurements

gimme your cardi, it should be big on you no? please tell me yes

Nice fit Johan.. I don't mind a half zip sweater, I don't understand all the hate. I think a bit of it is mob mentality.

It is not unfounded they look dumb as fuck.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Moo is either trolling or he's about to have a total breakdown.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Catching up.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I really enjoy your posts...this look is great!

Pretty solid fit but I think you should avoid stripes. They draw attention to your chest.

Totally disagree...

+1 good to have mok on this side of the forum

I'm gonna go with sexonfabric here, and say that MoK looks pretty good in stripes.

wtf is wrong with his chest?

also, MOK- just say trousers.

Your stuff continues to impress; your last few have been really good.

I think the striped shirt is creating the same effect, although it could also be how the jacket is lying... But I think a solid shirt might of worked better in this situation.

+1 to others, excellent

Thanks guys. I think it's more the 'V' the jacket creates with the hands in pockets that emphasises the chest rather than the stripes. Still it could be worse it could be emphasising my beer gut. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.