The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Pants fucking suck fuck pants

2. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stanleyvanburen's southern cousin?

3. Greylabel

Greylabel Well-Known Member

I'm just glad mr. moo isn't hating on me [​IMG]

4. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

If it's just clothing why try to dress nice. Throw on a white tee and some vans and get out there. Fuck pants, while you're at it.

This is why I don't come over to this side.

Dislike the the outfit all you want. If you can't muster anything helpful, quietly move on.

5. Russ24

Russ24 Well-Known Member

Pants fucking suck fuck pants

+1

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Ratboycom that looks nifty but the tie is questionable, borderline high school homecoming in terms of colors and pattern, unless it's just distorted in the photo.

ChrisB looks good, especially the shoes and tie. The crisp white shirt/huge fluffy white sweater look is pretty geriatric and slightly uncanny, and if that's a jean hem it's way too crisp and old man ish, but overall looks good. A good outfit to wear in early fall, to sit on your porch with a good book and finish off an entire blunt by yourself.

7. ranker

ranker Senior member

This is why I don't come over to this side.

Dislike the the outfit all you want. If you can't muster anything helpful, quietly move on.

The snark is what gives this side its entertainment value.

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

9. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

Yeah, but there should also be some wit.

That would be preferable.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

[​IMG] Cotton scuba silent tee Geller cinched back CPs

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

moo's critiques are very constructive and hilarious [​IMG] chrisb you fit was all kinda of schizophrenic incongruity...formal shirt, silk tie, white white shawl neck, blue jeans (?!?!), and tassel loafers? old man clothes mixed with too-short jeans does not work nicely...check out NOBD's fots for jeans + shoes + bizcas fits that work. basically shirt and tie way way too dressy for the look, and the shoes are just plain bad

12. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

moo's critiques are very constructive

and hilarious

[​IMG]

chrisb you fit was all kinda of schizophrenic incongruity...formal shirt, silk tie, white white shawl neck, blue jeans (?!?!), and tassel loafers? old man clothes mixed with too-short jeans does not work nicely...check out NOBD's fots for jeans + shoes + bizcas fits that work. basically shirt and tie way way too dressy for the look, and the shoes are just plain bad

It definitely would have held up better with navy or charcoal trousers rather than jeans, or sans-tie. I can see the incongruity.

I however don't subscribe to the stacked jeans thing. They break once in the front, which I find perfect. You can see this in the full body where I am standing up straight. In the shoe shot, they are pulled up higher since I am bending down with the camera.

I'm not seeing what makes the individual pieces "old man". I can get that feeling about the loafers, but even that is highly dependent on your perspective.

13. colabear

colabear Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the cardigan is too pristine. maybe bring it to a tailor and have them add some brown suede elbow patches to toughen it up. I like the pattern of the tie, but it looks unnoticeable with the white shirt. maybe a blue oxford or a light blue chambray shirt to bring out the tie. the shoes are nice, but I would wear them sans socks.

14. chrisb0109

chrisb0109 Senior member

the cardigan is too pristine. maybe bring it to a tailor and have them add some brown suede elbow patches to toughen it up. I like the pattern of the tie, but it looks unnoticeable with the white shirt. maybe a blue oxford or a light blue chambray shirt to bring out the tie. the shoes are nice, but I would wear them sans socks.

I have thought about the suede elbow patches. I do think it could be a nice look.

I think light blue chambray could be really nice. I've been looking for one for a while.

Shoes would be good sans socks, but its a bit cold for now. It will happen once it warms up.

15. Humperdink

Humperdink Senior member

[​IMG]
    You finally look cool in a photo from the neck up (nice sunglasses, btw), and yet you're wearing your gfs cheap houndstooth peacoat (does Japan have the equivalent of Macy's?), a silver grey-colored shirt and a purple tie? I know you've professed your intent to be a counter-clockwise walking bad machine against the raw-denim-clad good machine styleforum masses, but you could've done so much better than this simply sans purple tie and with any other coat. You look cool from the neck up, though, and I'd do the girl you've got your arm around without a second thought. So, 'grats on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.