• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
2-7-11-a.jpg

2-7-11-b.jpg

stanleyvanburen's southern cousin?

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
If it's just clothing why try to dress nice. Throw on a white tee and some vans and get out there. **** pants, while you're at it.

This is why I don't come over to this side.

Dislike the the outfit all you want. If you can't muster anything helpful, quietly move on.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ratboycom that looks nifty but the tie is questionable, borderline high school homecoming in terms of colors and pattern, unless it's just distorted in the photo.

ChrisB looks good, especially the shoes and tie. The crisp white shirt/huge fluffy white sweater look is pretty geriatric and slightly uncanny, and if that's a jean hem it's way too crisp and old man ish, but overall looks good. A good outfit to wear in early fall, to sit on your porch with a good book and finish off an entire blunt by yourself.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
moo's critiques are very constructive and hilarious
theCritic.jpg
chrisb you fit was all kinda of schizophrenic incongruity...formal shirt, silk tie, white white shawl neck, blue jeans (?!?!), and tassel loafers? old man clothes mixed with too-short jeans does not work nicely...check out NOBD's fots for jeans + shoes + bizcas fits that work. basically shirt and tie way way too dressy for the look, and the shoes are just plain bad

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
moo's critiques are very constructive

and hilarious

theCritic.jpg

chrisb you fit was all kinda of schizophrenic incongruity...formal shirt, silk tie, white white shawl neck, blue jeans (?!?!), and tassel loafers? old man clothes mixed with too-short jeans does not work nicely...check out NOBD's fots for jeans + shoes + bizcas fits that work. basically shirt and tie way way too dressy for the look, and the shoes are just plain bad

It definitely would have held up better with navy or charcoal trousers rather than jeans, or sans-tie. I can see the incongruity.

I however don't subscribe to the stacked jeans thing. They break once in the front, which I find perfect. You can see this in the full body where I am standing up straight. In the shoe shot, they are pulled up higher since I am bending down with the camera.

I'm not seeing what makes the individual pieces "old man". I can get that feeling about the loafers, but even that is highly dependent on your perspective.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
2-7-11-a.jpg

2-7-11-b.jpg

the cardigan is too pristine. maybe bring it to a tailor and have them add some brown suede elbow patches to toughen it up. I like the pattern of the tie, but it looks unnoticeable with the white shirt. maybe a blue oxford or a light blue chambray shirt to bring out the tie. the shoes are nice, but I would wear them sans socks.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by colabear
the cardigan is too pristine. maybe bring it to a tailor and have them add some brown suede elbow patches to toughen it up. I like the pattern of the tie, but it looks unnoticeable with the white shirt. maybe a blue oxford or a light blue chambray shirt to bring out the tie. the shoes are nice, but I would wear them sans socks.

I have thought about the suede elbow patches. I do think it could be a nice look.

I think light blue chambray could be really nice. I've been looking for one for a while.

Shoes would be good sans socks, but its a bit cold for now. It will happen once it warms up.

Humperdink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
4Ni6Z.jpg

You finally look cool in a photo from the neck up (nice sunglasses, btw), and yet you're wearing your gfs cheap houndstooth peacoat (does Japan have the equivalent of Macy's?), a silver grey-colored shirt and a purple tie? I know you've professed your intent to be a counter-clockwise walking bad machine against the raw-denim-clad good machine styleforum masses, but you could've done so much better than this simply sans purple tie and with any other coat. You look cool from the neck up, though, and I'd do the girl you've got your arm around without a second thought. So, 'grats on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads