The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

cameraman jacket is awesome MoK
    Cheers - I'm happy with it. If I came across one in chocolate in my size at a good reduction I'd be tempted to get another.

^^best fit in many pages. waywt hurting right now

Thanks, I think.

Double-fisting at the Prada show and party in Beijing:

Fun.
    Sleeves are definitely too long, shoulders are a tad wide and waist could definitely be taken in a little. Length is okay - on the traditional rather than fashionable side but okay. If you get the sleeves sorted this might be okay over a thick sweater, but tbh it needs a skilled tailor to make it fit better. If you want to go the tailoring route Niidawg (mainly hangs out in MC) is one of the few people I've seen manage to get a jacket adjusted down really well.

You definitely like your casual fits as clean and simple as your suit fits [​IMG]

iPhone pic of a digital camera pic haha

All cdg homme plus cept devoa l/s and carpe boots

Photo is making it tricky to judge proportions but the silhouette does looks good.
    more'd the same..
    I can't add a lot to what's been said. Top half looks good.
    Yo, MoK...this (like all of your other fits) is teh shit. You have mega steez. Love this coat.

Cheers.

Good fit! How is the Fisherman sweater?
    Is it a thick knit?

Medium weight - not that thick
    r&b hat
    bs jacket
    nico cardi
    silent t
    aristolasia bag
    barbour gloves
    superfine sweats
    s2a shoes.

wore the same thing last night but with julian red hobokens istead of the sweats

Nice bag.

Yeah, like a few people have said, -- i'll probably go this route. I've always been reluctant to hem raw denim because it affects the intended leg opening on most cuts (not just tapered ones, even straight legged, I believe?) but I will just have to do it. Whether sending to Self Edge or finding a chain stitching option around home (doubtful..).

I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely...

I don't mind the lack of break or cuff, and I think these would look okay with a slim t-shirt, but for anything else I think you need a slightly wider leg for balance. With your proportions I don't think having a pair of slim straights cut and hemmed is going to be a problem in terms of leg opening.

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Old Man and the sea (well muddy tidal creek if you want to be picky...):

[​IMG]

Boots: Redwing Iron Rangers (new purchase & fairly happy with them)
    Jeans: Levi 504's Euro model (like the leg width, but top block is way to big and denim is too thin)
    Sweater: Highland Home Industries (okay for the price - thick cable knit, English wool, Scottish produced but the cabling is a little loose)
    Peacoat: Barbour (I like peacoats looser than most posters, and the size down was too tight in the shoulders, but I might have it taken in an inch on the back seam).
    Hat: Cheap Breton corduroy.

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Old Man and the sea (well muddy tidal creek if you want to be picky...):

[​IMG]

Boots: Redwing Iron Rangers (new purchase & fairly happy with them)
    Jeans: Levi 504's Euro model (like the leg width, but top block is way to big and denim is too thin)
    Sweater: Highland Home Industries (okay for the price - thick cable knit, English wool, Scottish produced but the cabling is a little loose)
    Peacoat: Barbour (I like peacoats looser than most posters, and the size down was too tight in the shoulders, but I might have it taken in an inch on the back seam).
    Hat: Cheap Breton corduroy.

I like the fit of the peacoat. I don't think it really needs to be taken in.

5. pneumo

pneumo Active Member

^^^
    love those boots!

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Wearing Inverallan today, plugging Zissou's forumbuy. Click the pic for alts.

[​IMG]

Indy after lots of wear. One lace busted, need new ones, where to kop?

[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Double-fisting at the Prada show and party in Beijing:

[​IMG]

POP CHAMPAGNE LIKE I WON A CHAMPIONSHIP

lk killin it

8. ramp

ramp Senior member

the shirt and tie are too much

For a mere mortal, perhaps. But for Labelking? Perfect.

9. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely. Again I am having a denim dilemma and that's probably my biggest current problem which I need help with (also why I tend to gravitate towards chinos..). Someone knowing me and my skinny legs recently recommended a model of Samurais which I want to look into, along with Iron Heart. I'm really poorly schooled on raw denim manufacturers (outside of nudie, which I always just got because of the nice selection of cuts and sizes they offer) so I need to invest some time in those threads. If anyone has any suggestions for a slim legged person, 5'8", with a small waist (27", embarrassing - sounds manorexic, I know) would welcome those leads...

I don't have anything against the no break in raw denim thing. I'm not a huge fan myself. I like cuffs.

Have you considered APC Petit Standards? I would talk to the folks at Context, Mortar, Selfedge, or one of the other affiliates here who has lots of raw denim and ask them for their opinions. You are definitely not the first one with this problem.

unffff

dsoren why would you facepalm this

My facepalm was in reference to "double fisting..."

But, I like the Tom Ford sportcoat in this color look. But an entire suit? + gold shirt + huge ass tie? I don't know, seems like a bit much, in my opinion.

Wearing Inverallan today, plugging Zissou's forumbuy. Click the pic for alts.

This looks great. Nice Filson.

Today's weather didn't allow for any layering, unfortunately:

[​IMG]

Gitman Vintage
    Left Field
    Alden

10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

an entire suit? + gold shirt + huge ass tie? I don't know, seems like a bit much, in my opinion.

Dude, your fits are the definition of boring. LK does his thing really really well.

11. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Dude, your fits are the definition of boring. LK does his thing really really well.

I didn't say that his fit was bad. I said that it was too much, in my opinion.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Weird angle gives me alien head and tiny legs. [​IMG] Uniqlo Uniqlo A&F APC Wolverine

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Today's weather didn't allow for any layering, unfortunately:

fuck you.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I didn't say that his fit was bad. I said that it was too much, in my opinion.
    unfortunately saying "in my opinion" doesn't absolve you from receiving criticism there's a world of difference between "looks good but i couldn't pull this off" and "oh, it's too much". the gold and blue work really well together. however, i'd argue that the colors within your shirt don't even work very well together

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.