The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]]

lol dude is this that new boo blazer everyone was shitting on you in rp's about? looks a size too big.

2. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

^ lol it is. are you thinking about the sleeves or that the jacket is just too long in the body? I tried on the 36 but it was a little constricting in the shoulders. plus i don't remember the 36 being significantly shorter in the body than the 38 which I got. [​IMG] difference lengthwise is tiny like that between xs and s boo shirts

band's are the shortest jackets i could find. I'd say band's 38s are an inch shorter in the body than apc XSs

how long should a blazer be anyways? would this one below be a size too long say? i don't mind being shat upon
    [​IMG]

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

lol foo's feet size just... okay I'd better stop

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

28 mm focal length doesn't help.

5. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

dude, it's gotta be the angle of the photo, there is no way....those clown shoes....

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

it's pretty obvious that the angle is completely fucking the way his body looks but foo has this obsession with huge gunboat shoes that do not flatter his proportions, especially when the rest of his outfit is slim with tapered pants

7. thirditem

thirditem Member

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

9. thirditem

thirditem Member

the lower block doesnt fit with all the layering up top, makes you look manorexic

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

plus I don't understand how you're so cold up top but it's fine to not wear socks

fuller jeans plus some socks and you're not too bad (not a fan of the shoes either)

11. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

kwoyeu, to answer your question, the sizing of a jacket is primarily in how it fits around the chest and shoulders, not length. Foo's jacket there is a more conservative length than the most fashionable style right now, but that doesn't mean it's a size too long. Your jacket seems too big because it seems wide around the shoulders, wide at the collar, and wide at the waist (it also is too long in the sleeves but that can be fixed).

if the jacket only comes in 36 and 38, and 36 is too tight in the chest and 38 is too roomy, you probably just shouldn't buy the jacket. Which is why I don't own one of those Epaulet sport coats.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

plus I don't understand how you're so cold up top but it's fine to not wear socks

fuller jeans plus some socks and you're not too bad (not a fan of the shoes either)

what's wrong with the shoes (asking because I want a pair)?

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

what's wrong with the shoes (asking because I want a pair)?
    It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket. Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather. edit:
    Those aren't boat shoes, but whatever.
    My bad; didn't see they were lace-ups. I'll stick with my statement about the mismatch with the top half of the outfit.

14. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Jacket & sweater: Nigel Cabourn
    Jeans: old Levi 501s
    Shoes: Sanders
    Hat: Heselden Hats

Yo, MoK...this (like all of your other fits) is teh shit. You have mega steez. Love this coat.

Double-fisting at the Prada show and party in Beijing:

[​IMG]

iPhone pic of a digital camera pic haha

All cdg homme plus cept devoa l/s and carpe boots[/I]

Looks great.

This blazer looks good; as everyone has said, shoes are the problem.

[quote=slack tide;4043743]more'd the same..QUOTE]

This looks great. I really like your look. What are the shoes and what is the bag? I want the NDG knit so bad.

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket.

Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather.

thanks. mine were definitely going to be for summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.