The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Your suit jacket reminds me of a sport coat from an older Tom Ford collection. I've always liked like that shade of cerulean blue. [​IMG] Who makes your eyeglasses?

2. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket.

Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather.

Those aren't boat shoes, but whatever.

3. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Another weekend old man fit:

Jacket & sweater: Nigel Cabourn
    Jeans: old Levi 501s
    Shoes: Sanders
    Hat: Heselden Hats

Need a larger hat...

Good fit! How is the Fisherman sweater?
    Is it a thick knit?

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Thanks for the comment's you'all - Appreciate it.

Like Adam said, they're not boat shoes - bluchers, actually. I wouldn't generally wear boat shoes with jeans (just me personally). I do have socks on, but they're no-show mock socks. Though, agreed - I froze my ass off because of that, so those critiques are very just. Walking from my car to dinner last night in 20 degree weather. The bluchers are more traditionally a summer time shoe, but am just running short on options, shoe wise. Have trouble getting my jeans over my boots, and don't want them to run ink on the CP's I have (which are both kind of new). But I do normally wear those suede bluchers with shorts (and that is how they look best, imo).

My body is kind of screwed up at the moment with too much upper body and then small legs. Layering 4+ pieces on top of a slim bottom half only highlights the body proportion issue. I do work out, but obviously, need to spend more time on the legs and less on the arms and chest. The "manorexic" comment is true. I look way top heavy. Just the old classic gym mistake of neglecting lower body, and it's definitely caught up with me.

dsoren - thanks. The shoes are quoddy bluchers and the bag is a Frost River ruck sack (similar make to "Duluth Packs"). I have some cool detailed shot's of the bag I took last summer - PM me if you want to see them. It's my go-to overnight and weekend bag. Very functional (aside from all the straps sometimes being a pain, but I'm used to them now) - prefer them over a zipper. I also really liked your last fit. It was well put together, fit great, and a nice photograph to boot.

I'm having a denim dilemma, myself. Tough at 5'8", when you don't like to cuff. Need to find some that I love and can be a true day to day denim to finally break in. Something slim and with a OTR 32" inseam (tough to find outside of nudies..). I have probably 5+ pair that I've just given up on, 2-6 months in, for various reasons.

Thanks again for the comments and feedback

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Your preferred pant length just looks weird.

6. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

Just get your jeans chainstitched to preferred length

7. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

r&b hat
    bs jacket
    nico cardi
    silent t
    aristolasia bag
    barbour gloves
    superfine sweats
    s2a shoes.

wore the same thing last night but with julian red hobokens istead of the sweats

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

slack, couldn't you get a longer inseam and get them hemmed?

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

slack, couldn't you get a longer inseam and get them hemmed?

Yeah, like a few people have said, -- i'll probably go this route. I've always been reluctant to hem raw denim because it affects the intended leg opening on most cuts (not just tapered ones, even straight legged, I believe?) but I will just have to do it. Whether sending to Self Edge or finding a chain stitching option around home (doubtful..).

I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely. Again I am having a denim dilemma and that's probably my biggest current problem which I need help with (also why I tend to gravitate towards chinos..). Someone knowing me and my skinny legs recently recommended a model of Samurais which I want to look into, along with Iron Heart. I'm really poorly schooled on raw denim manufacturers (outside of nudie, which I always just got because of the nice selection of cuts and sizes they offer) so I need to invest some time in those threads. If anyone has any suggestions for a slim legged person, 5'8", with a small waist (27", embarrassing - sounds manorexic, I know) would welcome those leads...

10. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Yeah, like a few people have said, -- i'll probably go this route. I've always been reluctant to hem raw denim because it affects the intended leg opening on most cuts (not just tapered ones, even straight legged, I believe?) but I will just have to do it. Whether sending to Self Edge or finding a chain stitching option around home (doubtful..). I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely. Again I am having a denim dilemma and that's probably my biggest current problem which I need help with (also why I tend to gravitate towards chinos..). Someone knowing me and my skinny legs recently recommended a model of Samurais which I want to look into, along with Iron Heart. I'm really poorly schooled on raw denim manufacturers (outside of nudie, which I always just got because of the nice selection of cuts and sizes they offer) so I need to invest some time in those threads. If anyone has any suggestions for a slim legged person, 5'8", with a small waist (27", embarrassing - sounds manorexic, I know) would welcome those leads...
    Sounds like you should pick up some Diors or Balenciagas. Not exactly repro quality selvedge denim, but the fit might work better for you [​IMG]

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

wtf is happening to this forum

12. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

questionable things. need more fit pics from people who dress well consistently to purge all the bad fits to middle of the thread oblivion.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

This could mean so many things.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

as a newb i am curious to the question and what is behind it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.