• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
hey everyone,
i like my jeans w/ a single cuff. if you like your jeans some other way AWESOME!
also, if you think its a good fit say 'hey, good fit' cause adding 'but you should ...x' totally negates any of the 'hey, good fit' parts.

robbie

WTG robbie for liking what you like and sticking to it and not doing something just because the internet told you too
cheers.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
WTG robbie for liking what you like and sticking to it and not doing something just because the internet told you too
cheers.gif

would you be giving props to snowman right now if he kept wearing his glasses too

ps robbie just double cuff instead of single and it'll look awesome

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
i like my jeans w/ a single cuff. if you like your jeans some other way AWESOME!
also, if you think its a good fit say 'hey, good fit' cause adding 'but you should ...x' totally negates any of the 'hey, good fit' parts.

robbie

That's fine and dandy and good on you for sticking to something you like. But I'm just saying they look silly and detract from otherwise good fits (and I'm a man who appreciate a good set of cuffs).

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
very new england. whats the blazer?

Heh, Banana Republic. The entire outfit is plebe status actually, except for the shirt which is CEGO MTM.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
would you be giving props to snowman right now if he kept wearing his glasses too

ps robbie just double cuff instead of single and it'll look awesome

Hmm probably props for conviction, but I'd still hate the safety goggles
smile.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
if you think its a good fit say 'hey, good fit' cause adding 'but you should ...x' totally negates any of the 'hey, good fit' parts.

Disagree. It's definitely a good fit, and there's one thing that looks a little bit off. Overall praise with a touch of constructive criticism. It doesn't make your fit not good to have a single aspect that people don't think works.

Originally Posted by chasingred
a scarf by itself just strikes me as a bit of frippery, tawdrily ornamental, and even kind of effeminate.

How about a nice neckertie?
tongue.gif

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robbie

really robbie? because this is exactly how i wish all criticisms of my fits sounded. it doesnt really benefit me for someone to say "nice fit!" without any other commentary except to make me feel warm and fuzzy..... for about 5 seconds before i realize that im feeling warm and fuzzy because someone on the internet complimented a picture i took in the mirror.

and like someone said, it doesn't really negate it at all. there are a lot of fits that i think are nice but that would benefit from a tweak or two

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
hat doesn't match and scarf looks a little too wide (did you try to display it for the camera? if so then overdisplayed :p so just tie differently?) and other than that love the jacket with them boots. i might be among the few here tho

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
hat doesn't match and scarf looks a little too wide (did you try to display it for the camera? if so then overdisplayed :p so just tie differently?) and other than that love the jacket with them boots. i might be among the few here tho

I find your name disconcerting...
peepwall[1].gif

I... don't really pose for the camera, so each item was displayed "as is" after a 30 minute walk in the snow. The hat is not a style piece, rather one of functionality.

Cheers for the kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads