The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I don't mind white CPs with raw denim, but when it's patent leather or something quite flashy it just seems weird to pair it with raw denim.

I don't think raw denim is particularly workwear, just that the colour and texture goes better with simple or non shiny surfaces. Indigo + brown suede is an example, always looks good. raw denim + shiny lanvins doesn't go IMO.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Suede + faded raw denim = win

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

I wear my lanvins and patent cps with both raw and waxed denim, in grey/indigo/black; looks right to me.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I don't mind white CPs with raw denim, but when it's patent leather or something quite flashy it just seems weird to pair it with raw denim.

I don't think raw denim is particularly workwear, just that the colour and texture goes better with simple or non shiny surfaces. Indigo + brown suede is an example, always looks good. raw denim + shiny lanvins doesn't go IMO.

I disagree with this, the best pairing with raws I have found is the achilles patent bone mid. It's perfect.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

i've always thought shiny clean sneakers look great with dark minimally faded or unfaded raw denim.

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I've probably posted this before but whatever. Unfortunately, it turned out that putting on my sneakers was the best part of my workday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. puddin

puddin Senior member

You see raw denim outside these forums? The once in a blue moon I ever see raw denim it's a pair of nudies on some hipster or hypebeast.

you don't live in a major metropolitan area do you? raw denim is everywhere these days. in any big city on either coast you can't walk 3 blocks without seeing them.

8. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Plain indigo denim is so strongly associated with blue collar working man's jeans, that the lux sneaker pairings are often difficult to reconcile in the audiences mind.

Only in the sort of fantasy world that workwear enthusiasts construct.

9. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

Synthese, are those grey DH jeans? I've been looking for a pair of quality grey jeans for a while now, and the fit on those look fantastic.

10. avery

avery Senior member

think they're kva

11. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Samblackbones wins most consistently impressive brand list with least impressive outfit
    lol guess you gotta fail before you succeed -
    Fortunately the world often smiles on the looks that I get lambasted for on WAYWT

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

True, and a totally valid point. However while raw Dior denim + stark white GATs might occasionally look ok, I've yet to see it look truly great. Reminds me of the raw denim + white CPs look that was so common a few years ago here. It always looked like a style clash in my mind and outside of this forum, I see literally nobody wearing combos like that.

Look at how sq4you often pairs his fancy sneakers with gray jeans, black jeans, or jeans with interesting washes. Plain indigo denim is so strongly associated with blue collar working man's jeans, that the lux sneaker pairings are often difficult to reconcile in the audiences mind.

all jeans gotta start somewhere man, and not everyone is the right height to make most washes work for them

raw indigo looks fine with white sneakers as long as it's the right cut

13. connor

connor Senior member

lol guess you gotta fail before you succeed -
    Fortunately the world often smiles on the looks that I get lambasted for on WAYWT

idk id think the same thing irl. and i dont understand why everyone uses this example because who cares what people that dont really know anything think

14. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

idk id think the same thing irl. and i dont understand why everyone uses this example because who cares what people that dont really know anything think

politicians

15. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Raw denim + Sneakers
    Play Shirt
    Wings + Horns Hoodie
    APC
    CP's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.