The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

rogan
    nsf
    julian red
    brato

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

you don't live in a major metropolitan area do you? raw denim is everywhere these days. in any big city on either coast you can't walk 3 blocks without seeing them.

wtf are you talking about. I live in a major metropolitan area and I almost never see raw denim. For the most part its still a pretty rare sight, even in most major cities.

3. Ego Death

Ego Death Active Member

idk id think the same thing irl. and i dont understand why everyone uses this example because who cares what people that dont really know anything think

You're right people's opinions on the Internet are far more important then people in reallife.

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

in the real world people use words like 'wow you're so fashionable' or 'very unique' or '"nice" clothes', where on the internet people use words like 'what the fuck' or 'jesus christ' or 'looks like shit'

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

You're right people's opinions on the Internet are far more important then people in reallife.

Correct, you will learn too in about 6 months unless you're like CtK then you won't ever learn.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Went out to a few summer festivals this year and wore my Yukata (lightweight summer Kimono). This one is indigo-dyed hemp. My girlfriend insisted on pictures - visages of white bros and 2c4u internet dudes dancing around my head chanting "weaboo" had stopped me from posting these but they're really not as bad as I feared: [​IMG] [​IMG] Earlier in the same day at the American festival at the US Embassy (basically a suburban block party with horrible beer, but I'll take a taste of home even if its the part I disgust [​IMG]). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3 [​IMG]

7. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

you look a lot like cillian murphy in the japanese photos.

8. Ralpheezy

Ralpheezy New Member

9. BB1

BB1 Senior member

raw indigo looks fine with white sneakers as long as it's the right cut
    I was only saying that it often doesn't look ideal, not condemning all cases. I believe it is possible to make nearly any pairing work well if you do it right. However, what we often see in such pairings here on the forum.... 1. Heavy and stiff fabric Often the fabric is so stiff that it juts out at strange angles. I find it difficult to fully disassociate such heavy duty fabric from its workwear origins. And while the indigo color is not the deciding factor in and of itself, it certainly reinforces the workwear image. 2. Brand new looking raw denim combined with brand new looking luxe sneakers When a clothing item looks overly new it naturally draws more attention to itself than a weathered item would. Thus, we have both the jeans and sneakers drawing us in to be noticed as "new". But unfortunately this extra attention tends to aid in revealing the disconnect between the sporty/luxe sneakers and workman like (anti-luxe) fabric. Another observation is that the most celebrated posters here appear to largely (or perhaps totally) avoid the raw denim + sneakers pairing, yet this is a favorite combo for noobs. Why is that?

10. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

11. filth

filth Senior member

what do you guys suggest go with &quot;luxe&quot; sneakers then?

I mean, a pair of dior 19cms raw would like fine with CPs or Lanvins. But i understand what you guys are saying when someone wears a pair of sugar canes with lanvins then that'll look wierd since the styles clash.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Went out to a few summer festivals this year and wore my Yukata (lightweight summer Kimono).

This one is indigo-dyed hemp.

My girlfriend insisted on pictures - visages of white bros and 2c4u internet dudes dancing around my head chanting "weaboo" had stopped me from posting these but they're really not as bad as I feared:

Earlier in the same day at the American festival at the US Embassy (basically a suburban block party with horrible beer, but I'll take a taste of home even if its the part I disgust [​IMG]). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3

Wish you'd post more, seems like you pretty much stopped right when I started here.

Some more simple stuff (I think I finally figured out, after this last pic how to keep my hair up... basically brush it up every time it goes down, there is no real solution [​IMG]).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Another observation is that the most celebrated posters here appear to largely (or perhaps totally) avoid the raw denim + sneakers pairing, yet this is a favorite combo for noobs. Why is that?

Eh? I associate sq4u with his nudies as much as with anything else, ar_six wears raws with luxe sneakers all the time, pretty sure Kelvin, nicelynice, etc etc does too.. In fact the only ones who I can think of who really avoid this are you and snake

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

\\
    Earlier in the same day at the American festival at the US Embassy (basically a suburban block party with horrible beer, but I'll take a taste of home even if its the part I disgust [​IMG]). Not much of a fit pic, but you can still see how perfectly TOJ shirts fit. <3]

Do you work at the embassy?

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG][/center]
    Hair looks sickkk You free the 24th or 25th of this month? Gonna be in Seoul!!! Yesterday edit; [​IMG] Dior AA Dior Margiela trainers no vis Today: [​IMG] [​IMG] Dita frames James Perse AA viscose tank Dior BOWLING SHOES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.