The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barims

barims Senior member

I now hate myself for passing up on that shirt.

You're welcome

Before this post, it was difficult to imagine a consummate Junya collector like you writing a sentence like that

2. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

totally agree with this.

Yup. Except in black. The cabling is kind of thick so I don't know if I'd be as big a fan in a lighter colour that makes it obtrustive.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

You're welcome Before this post, it was difficult to imagine a consummate Junya collector like you writing a sentence like that
    Sometimes drinking is more valuable than clothing, this was not one of those times. Also, you flatter me.

4. joei

joei Senior member

Taken for my blog. If you would like to read the article behind it, it can be found here.

[​IMG]

Vintage Dexter Loafers
    Gap 1969 Denim
    Polo Ralph Lauren Oxford

5. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

6. Broin

Broin Member

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

I'm not on Sufu. I can talk that jive with the best of em though.
    nvm

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

to everyone who asked about the last jeans+boots fit, Jeans are Nom de Guerre narrow denim (texture is amazing), fiorentini and baker boots, and an AA vneck.

9. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

synthese

is the ndg denim sort of white from the inside? I think we have the same pair.

10. Synthese

Yep, it sure is, do you know the actual name of the style?. It's kind of a shame, I love the way it fits me through the legs, but the way the top block fits is pretty heinous. Also some of the coolest denim I've handled, I wish I could buy a petit standard made with nom de guerre denim.

Also, xenox, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't describe that fit as "Americana," more like "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt."

11. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4932298057_bf1742473e.jpg[/IM[/I]

Everything about that fit is conspiring to make you look short. A big shirt shrinks you, it should be cut much closer to the body. Jeans are too big in the thighs; that plus the taper makes you look even shorter. Colors/patterns could be better as well, light blue shirt plus med-light blue jeans is not really advisable (although there's nothing wrong with it, it's just boring). Shoes are fine; now make everything slim and trim and we'll be getting somewhere.

[QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]cbusguy[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=3542027#post3542027'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]
    all mmm

Everything is kind of boxy and wrinkly, I know mmm isn't supposed to pop out at you but that is pretty bland. It might just be your JD May shoulders?

12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Yep, it sure is, do you know the actual name of the style?. It's kind of a shame, I love the way it fits me through the legs, but the way the top block fits is pretty heinous. Also some of the coolest denim I've handled, I wish I could buy a petit standard made with nom de guerre denim.
    This seems like a general rule for NDG denim. I had a pair that gave me enormous mangina

13. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

^lol. yes, ndg needs fix the rise on the jeans.

synthese, they always have grey denim but each season they use different fabric for their jeans. The pair that you have came out 2 years ago. The cut is "narrow fit" with zipper fly. "Classic Fit" is with buttons fly.

14. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

forgot that someone asked what jeans I was wearing last time, they're skull 5507s with about 9 months or so of wear

sq just liked those dudes on the last few pages becaues they were doing the sq walk. [​IMG]

you gotta stop going through my mind and stealing my thoughts

15. Synthese

^Thanks, Mellow! And yep, I picked them up 2 years ago in this cool little shop in Paris with a pretty SA called Frenchtrotters (check it out if you're in the...8th, maybe it was? Lots of "mid-tier" brands; acne, filippa K, etc. etc.). Right down the street from an APC store, good times. Anyway, back to my "street shtick" today: wearing: [​IMG] [​IMG] drinking [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.