The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I am a bit cold to Linguist's last fit, maybe if the hair went up or something, it would be salvageable.

[​IMG]

this is all I can say

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Thoe Barretts are a lot better than most other baller sneaker offerings

3. mr.loverman

mr.loverman Senior member

I've got a brand new SNS herning cardigan sz L. Black. Stark model. PM me if interested.

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Also, xenox, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't describe that fit as "Americana," more like "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt."

I was gonna call him out on this but figured it wasn't worth it/everyone read it and did a [​IMG]

5. APK

APK Senior member

Thoe Barretts are a lot better than most other baller sneaker offerings
    +1. I don't really fuck with the whole baller sneaker movement, but I can get behind the concept behind these. My OCD tendencies were amplified when I was big into Hypebeast footwear, since I wanted to keep them, ahem, "so crispy, brah." The main appeal of these, though, is that the paint chips away, so there's no need to worry about creased toeboxes and all of that nonsense. Also, Synthese has become one of the best contributors in this thread, even though a lot of his stuff wouldn't fit into my own day-to-day aesthetic. His clothes seem meticulously selected and not just purchased for the sake of copping piles of baller items. All of it comes together naturally, too, especially with the hair.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

My best friend from New York came to visit me for the weekend [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Yes, we are really best friends ...) On to the outfit! [​IMG] [​IMG] Shirt: Tornado Mart / Jacket: Tornado Mart / Jeans: H&M / Shoes: Beatwear

7. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I bet you guys just love watching anime together.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I bet you guys just love watching anime together.

he's currently explaining how the fuck D&D works to me

9. Riio

Riio Senior member

i don't think the wash on those jeans really works with the rest of your fit

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i don't think the wash on those jeans really works with the rest of your fit

idk i think it does, the jacket is an unlined cotton linen blend, sleeves are rolled etc. it's supposed to be a pretty casual look, though maybe the shirt conflicts with that

i really like it tho [​IMG]

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

synthese

is the ndg denim sort of white from the inside? I think we have the same pair.

Yep, it sure is, do you know the actual name of the style?. It's kind of a shame, I love the way it fits me through the legs, but the way the top block fits is pretty heinous. Also some of the coolest denim I've handled, I wish I could buy a petit standard made with nom de guerre denim.
    Yeah, I got a pair too and the top block is totally wack. I basically sag as much as I can...it doesn't look too bad from the front, but the back could def look better.

12. Binker

Binker Senior member

Best friends with a man you would berate mercilessly if encountered online? That friendship must have been forged in the lonely halls of High School. [​IMG]

seriously though, I know its completely contrary to your tastes, but your floral shirts and faggy boots look would look so much classier with a slim, tapered pair of raw denim.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I wouldn't berate him mercilessly online.

If he posted that look on a style forum then, yes.

And I have no interest in raw denim. I wouldn't mind some good dark one-washes though.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Also, xenox, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't describe that fit as "Americana," more like "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt."

Fair enough, but I definitely got a Marlon Brando style vibe from the fit and thats what made it Americana for me, which can very well be just "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt".

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

uncontrol I always dig your tops/boots but I just can't help thinking that black skinnies (or even the black flares I know you have) would look so much better (especially some rad black waxed jeans, I'm sure tm can provide?). I dunno if you don't like tapered jeans (have you answered this before?) or what, but seriously, would look really cool. Also, I think (based on only 1 sneaker photo, of course) that you look better in boots

edit: I mean black jeans with the floral/print tops, etc - I think the ones you've got in that photo do fine with the boots but are a little...incongruous, maybe...with the top? But if you threw a big overcoat (prorsum, maybe, super slim and militarized?) on top of what you're wearing there it would look supafly for winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.