• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice

Tim Hamilton
Dior
Margiela

Second time I've bought something off of Gilt, second time I've been very happy

Dunno if I believe the $2500 pricepoint marked down to $100, but it's 100% cashmere and really, really thick, incredibly warm, so worth it to me

Nice, I was trying to snag that one. I got the SPURR fisherman's knit off the B&S (that was in the previous Gilt final sale) which I think is probably equally thick/soft/warm, so I'm not too broken up.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
I've been lifting weights since I started college (~4 yrs now) and I am yet to get tremendously huge, it's more of an 'athletic' look than 'buff'.

Don't misunderstand what resistance training can do for you, it definitely won't turn you into a stocky meathead before you don't want it to...

Originally Posted by Kent Money
Yah, especially for girls. Every girl should be lifting weights at least a little.

Firrrmmmm, mmmmm.

Been trying to tell my girl this for years. ... years.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I somehow turn into a complete Hypebeast while on holiday.

IMG_0092.jpg

-Mykita
-Opening Ceremony x Pendleton
-Mister Freedom
-Nike ACG

Reaction score
352medz.jpg

fare46.jpg

Polo Ralph Lauren Shirt
Tommy Hilfiger Tie
Merona Sweater
Banana Repbulic Trench
Polo Ralph Lauren Belt
Levi 501 Jeans
Clark Desert Boots
All Taken With A Better Camera Word To sq4you

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quinntessential
352medz.jpg

fare46.jpg

Polo Ralph Lauren Shirt
Tommy Hilfiger Tie
Merona Sweater
Banana Repbulic Trench
Polo Ralph Lauren Belt
Levi 501 Jeans
Clark Desert Boots
All Taken With A Better Camera Word To sq4you

Would be 100% better without a tie. If you absolutely must wear a tie in such a situation, I would suggest wearing something more casual, like a knit tie.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I guess sam could theoritcalled gain 4" if it were back and chest, 8 months seems like a short timeframe and some guys just can't get a huge chest though, and then there's always the inevitable cutting stage where you shrink again.

I would probably look better, albiet a lot shorter and stockier, if I worked out. It's the being shorter and stockier looking that turns me off from doing so.

judging by your pics i would say you are an ectomorph, therefore looking stocky should be the least of your worries

working out will just make you look athletic, rather than bulky

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
img0009qi.jpg

all margiela

Tim Hamilton
Dior
Margiela

Second time I've bought something off of Gilt, second time I've been very happy

Dunno if I believe the $2500 pricepoint marked down to $100, but it's 100% cashmere and really, really thick, incredibly warm, so worth it to me

Good looks.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
That's why I don't do much weightlifting (or if I do I do lots of reps of less weight). At 5ft8 a 36 chest really doesn't look that skinny and anything bigger than a 38 would make me look damn stocky.

edit: also, my shoulders aren't all that wide, so if when bulking up I didn't add a significant amount to my shoulder width as well I'd have a hell of a time finding stuff that would fit both my chest and shoulders

i am 5' 10 1/2 and currently 158 , yet my chest measurement is 42 inches

what does that mean? a huge chest?

no, i have actually got a narrow chest (width),but it is thick....also my back is wide, but more importantly , my upper back is quite thick

thats why my chest measurements can be deceiving, especially if you work out

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quinntessential
352medz.jpg
fare46.jpg

looks good. the trench is nice. i'm into trenches right now. been eyeing a prorsum one
i agree with the guy about the tie. you'd actually look better without it. also, that width of collar probably requires something beefier than the four-in-hand you used. i like the colors of everything else though, especially the shirt with the vneck and the trench.

watch out for db_ggmm when crossing any bridges, he will troll you for your beard. probably just jealous he cant grow any facial hair.

Originally Posted by warlok1965
img0009qi.jpg

all margiela

not a fan of the pants at all. i dont really like the grey boots with that red sweater either. the red sweater and the boots in and of themselves are cool though.
img2041h.jpg

pretty sick

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nicelynice always nice

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Well it's nice you're doing something with color. The fit on the pants is weird though, and I'm personally never a fan of two-tone browns.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I somehow turn into a complete Hypebeast while on holiday.

IMG_0092.jpg

-Mykita
-Opening Ceremony x Pendleton
-Mister Freedom
-Nike ACG

i dig those shorts mucho

Reaction score
Bluemagic Thanks For The Tip, Im Kinda New At This Style Of Dressing, A Former Streetwear Abuser Trying To Reform And The Help Is Def. Appreciated

sq4you Yeah I Cant Recall Who I Saw In A Trench That Made Me Want One Real Bad, But I Understand The Feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads