• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to fit into any of my clothes or any designer clothes if I keep working out. My shoulders are 42-44 without any lifting.
frown.gif

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does your shoulder to shoulder measurement increase as you mass?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Does your shoulder to shoulder measurement increase as you mass?

don't think so, but I meant in terms of my p2p which is pretty high, and that will increase. starting at like a XXL in BoO before building muscle/lats will make p2p too big for much of anything.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I guess sam could theoritcalled gain 4" if it were back and chest, 8 months seems like a short timeframe and some guys just can't get a huge chest though, and then there's always the inevitable cutting stage where you shrink again.

I would probably look better, albiet a lot shorter and stockier, if I worked out. It's the being shorter and stockier looking that turns me off from doing so.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I guess sam could theoritcalled gain 4" if it were back and chest, 8 months seems like a short timeframe and some guys just can't get a huge chest though, and then there's always the inevitable cutting stage where you shrink again.

I would probably look better, albiet a lot shorter and stockier, if I worked out. It's the being shorter and stockier looking that turns me off from doing so.

I know I'd look taller if I was skinny but this is definitely one area where I'm happier with how I went. Lost some money from clothes no longer fitting though, but luckily I don't care about those clothes anyways.

Anyways, most gains happen in the first 2 years, with the first 6 months being pretty explosive. Just make sure you eat as much food as you possibly can sam.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't do much weightlifting (or if I do I do lots of reps of less weight). At 5ft8 a 36 chest really doesn't look that skinny and anything bigger than a 38 would make me look damn stocky. edit: also, my shoulders aren't all that wide, so if when bulking up I didn't add a significant amount to my shoulder width as well I'd have a hell of a time finding stuff that would fit both my chest and shoulders

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the same reason I don't lift weights.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lifting weights since I started college (~4 yrs now) and I am yet to get tremendously huge, it's more of an 'athletic' look than 'buff'.

Don't misunderstand what resistance training can do for you, it definitely won't turn you into a stocky meathead before you don't want it to...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always get a kick out of the guys and gals who avoid the weight room because they think they'll GET HOOOGE if they pick up dumbbells that weigh more than 20 pounds or drink a protein shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads