• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, its not a dress watch, but today people often wear sports watches with suits and everything else they own.   Not to mention, you are presuming that everyone gets married in a suit rather than something more casual on a beach, or that he has much use for a true dress watch.   Even if he is wearing a suit for a wedding, if he doesn't really have much use for a true dress watch in everyday life, then maybe a sports watch is the right choice for him. 

he might be buying the watch to commemorate the wedding, not necessarily to wear it on the day of with his tux/suit.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he might be buying the watch to commemorate the wedding, not necessarily to wear it on the day of with his tux/suit.
Very true. Although, our wedding was dressy, my wife bought me an Explorer 2 as a wedding present, because we were going over seas for our honeymoon and she thought it would be cool for me to have a watch that tracked 2 time zones while traveling.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very true.  Although, our wedding was dressy, my wife bought me an Explorer 2 as a wedding present, because we were going over seas for our honeymoon and she thought it would be cool for me to have a watch that tracked 2 time zones while traveling.   

you're a lucky man - a wife with taste in watches!

ultramantaro

Reaction score

I sure hope so. As much as yes, it might be socially acceptable now to wear a sports watch in formal clothing, I'm not just going to be in that camp.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I'm scared Belligero would mock me.

Having said that, my incoming PMW is truly offensive and I don't care!

Should have gone with the Borealis Seafarer II in blue. 44mm, turbine edged bezel and completely obnoxious, just the thing you were after ;)

roomiller

Reaction score
I work in tech now, so I can count the number of times I've worn a suit in the last two years by simply naming off weddings. I'm going to wear it that day because it will be fun to finally have it after (assumed) months locked in safe - and also because I truly couldn't care less about what classic wisdom says about how I accessorize on my wedding day(he says after absolutely demanding that his wedding not be black-tie optional, due to the absurdity of the varying degrees of formality).

But I digress. It's really truly only between the BLNR and the pepsi 16710(I would love one with a 3186 movement, but they're a little outside my budget). I flirted with the idea of a sub because well, its a sub, but already having a Pelagos I felt it there was no sense in having some $12,000 in watches, with $11,000 being tied up in 2 black divers. If I still have that itch in a few years, I can scratch it then. My fiance absolutely loves the white explorer II but I want something in polished steel for this watch. I'm keen on the GMT function, especially since I've been traveling a lot recently and see that continuing moving forward.

Well I guess its off to Bond Street to see if I can actually track one down in the flesh. All of this is much ado about nothing until I can actually try one on.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
BLNR is a great choice, methinks.

It's one of those watches that I don't necessarily want for myself, but I like seeing it on others' wrists.

Which doesn't really make sense, but there you go :satisfied:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Agreed, Keith!

Should have gone with the Borealis Seafarer II in blue. 44mm, turbine edged bezel and completely obnoxious, just the thing you were after ;)

That's rather nice, haven't seen it before. But nothing so tasteful and understated is headed my way. Oh no.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
:lurk:

Winot

Reaction score
Don't want to hog Mimo's limelight, but I've got something arriving tomorrow too. Something I've been after for quite a while.

roomiller

Reaction score
Whelp just in case any of you were curious, I walked up and down Bond Street to no avail. I didn't expect to get lucky and find one today, but I had anticipated a little bit more assistance from the salespeople than the "No" and grim head shaking I received. The gentleman in the final store I stopped into even laughed when I asked if they had it, and told me not to waste my time trying to track one down. Off to a great start!

Little did he know that I have no friends or family over here so I have plenty of time to be singularly focused on something as stupid as tracking down a watch.

Very excited to see what both of you have in store for us! Can't imagine the anticipation of waiting on those packages; I incessantly track the cat litter I order from Amazon.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I digress. It's really truly only between the BLNR and the pepsi 16710(I would love one with a 3186 movement, but they're a little outside my budget). I flirted with the idea of a sub because well, its a sub, but already having a Pelagos I felt it there was no sense in having some $12,000 in watches, with $11,000 being tied up in 2 black divers. If I still have that itch in a few years, I can scratch it then. My fiance absolutely loves the white explorer II but I want something in polished steel for this watch. I'm keen on the GMT function, especially since I've been traveling a lot recently and see that continuing moving forward.

Well I guess its off to Bond Street to see if I can actually track one down in the flesh. All of this is much ado about nothing until I can actually try one on..

I really like the BLNR, and interestingly my wife likes it a lot too. My wife never liked the Pepsi, and that's why she didn't choose it when she was buying a wedding present for me that could track multiple time zones. She thinks, and I agree the BLNR with the black and blue bezel, is a bit more understated, and the polished center links (although some folks don't care for them on a sports watch) do dress it up a bit. I think the polished center links tie in nicely with the polished angled edge of the bezel and the sides of the case & bracelet.

Either version of the GMT is a great choice. I already have a BLNR and I love it. Although I generally don't buy pre-owned watches, I could see myself maybe adding a 16710 Pepsi in the future ...even if Mrs. Dino doesn't care for it. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads