• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chrfi

Reaction score
It's spring again and time to start using this more.

Z1FBqfE.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I had one with a grey dial at the same time as a Lange 1.

They aren’t as well finished and are a chunk thicker due to being automatic but I wore mine more than the Lange because the moonphase complication was really well done and the date window was much much better executed than Lange.

The finishing isn’t a huge deal as the watch is a lot less and neither watch is openworked anyways.

The watch actually totally ruined the Lange 1 for me because it made me realize how fugly the date window is on that watch 😂
Thanks for the insight. Looks like they're readily available new for ~20% discount online. I do wonder about the chunkiness, as it looks pretty slab-sided.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For some reason, I feel compelled to **** on this watch:

Fleming-Series-1-Launch-Edition-New-independent-watchmaker-America-Thomas-Fleming-x-Mojon-Chronode-review-8.jpg

This is a new watch from a new watch brand, Fleming. The story of Thomas Fleming's eponymous brand is not overly compelling, which is not surprising given that he is a nepo-baby who (1) became interested in watches during the pandemic, and (2) decided to create his own brand. (No offense to our resident, yet beloved, nepo-baby, @Scuppers). But I do think that this watch represents the very worst of independent watchmaking. To expound:

The watch, in and of itself, is inoffensive - indeed, it is not bad looking at all. But I have no clue, whatsoever, what the brand's vision is. It is nearly 100% a paint by numbers approach to watchmaking, and it results in a watch with little to nothing to say. Dial from Comblemine? Check. 38.5 mm case? Check. Aventurine/Guilloche? Check. Nice stock movement from third party manufacturer? Check. Cool ambassador? Check. I wish Thomas and the other persons affiliated with the brand the best of luck - but I hope that they can imbue the Series 2 with some sense of purpose. A watch should be worth more than the sum of its parts. This watch seemingly just costs more than the sum of its parts.

There are about 3 different micro brands that use that same case/lugs and the lugs are obviously distinctive, whether we like them or not, so I would have gone in a different direction so as to not seem like I took a cookie cutter approach

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Margot Robbie is all you need to know.
I mean she’s fine and everything but blondes in Hollywood are a dime a dozen. My bigger issue is, what was the compelling storyline that had people swooning over this movie to the tune of a billion dollars. It wasn’t really a kids movie and it wasn’t really an adult movie 🤷‍♂️

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
It's spring again and time to start using this more.

Z1FBqfE.jpg
The red-headed stepchild of the Rolex collection, unjustly ignored for too long. And, I don't know why, great case, substantial bracelet and an amazing movement - first Rolex movement with Geneva Stripes, all metal construction and the only quartz watch of its era to use a jewelled escapement, rather than a stepping motor.
Its close relative the Oysterquartz Day-Date is on my wrist as I type.

image0-8.jpeg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I muat be the only person jn the world that didn't "get" Barbie. Saw it at home and kept waiting to see the billion dollar story line.
Me neither. We are two. (Well actually I didn’t watch it)
Long time I think Newc really looks like Ryan Gosling. This event was the opportunity... Well he is Ryan actually 🤫.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bunch of anti-woke losers he can't just enjoy a fun movie.

Why don't y'all ask yourself wtf made Avatar and Avatar 2 a billion $ movie?
Don’t get me started on that insanity :fu:

Saw the first one. Applied the “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me” axiom for the second movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads