• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve also recently experienced a liquidity event and want to add a watch. However, I find myself torn in MANY different directions (in no order of preference):

1. Vintage DD?
2. Vintage 16710 (coke)?
3. Tank Louis?
4. Grand Seiko GMT 221?
5. Rolex GMT RB (full RG)?
6. ALS L1?

I do what twat tells me to do. Please advise…
Ever since you posted that picture of the Grand Seiko, it's crept onto my radar along with the GMT high beat models. They look great in pictures, but need to try them on.

Otherwise, the Tank Louis and the Lange 1 stand out on your list as different from what you already have and a nice direction to take your collection.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve also recently experienced a liquidity event and want to add a watch. However, I find myself torn in MANY different directions (in no order of preference):

1. Vintage DD?
2. Vintage 16710 (coke)?
3. Tank Louis?
4. Grand Seiko GMT 221?
6. ALS L1?

My dog also had a liquidity event in the house and it ruined my morning.

Oh wait...you should go for the Tank Louis.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. Vintage DD?
2. Vintage 16710 (coke)?
3. Tank Louis?
4. Grand Seiko GMT 221?
6. ALS L1?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was *this* close to pulling the trigger on a grail watch, but found a piece of art (OK, three pieces of art) I wanted even more. So many vices, only so much discretionary expenditure that can get by the bedroom audit committee in any given quarter.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was *this* close to pulling the trigger on a grail watch, but found a piece of art (OK, three pieces of art) I wanted even more. So many vices, only so much discretionary expenditure that can get by the bedroom audit committee in any given quarter.

what is the artwork ?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever since you posted that picture of the Grand Seiko, it's crept onto my radar along with the GMT high beat models. They look great in pictures, but need to try them on.

Otherwise, the Tank Louis and the Lange 1 stand out on your list as different from what you already have and a nice direction to take your collection.
Yeah, I can’t shake that GS. I’m going to see one on Friday…will report back…

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the artwork ?
Richard Learoyd. A still life, not one of his extremely high-quality candid portraits such as seen below.

RL-0501-Framed-1.jpg

acconrad

Reaction score

1. Vintage DD?
2. Vintage 16710 (coke)?
3. Tank Louis?
4. Grand Seiko GMT 221?
6. ALS L1?

Clearly the Lange. All of these others are mere children and that is the father figure.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. Vintage DD?
2. Vintage 16710 (coke)?
3. Tank Louis?
4. Grand Seiko GMT 221?
6. ALS L1?

What about a Zenith Daytona?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can’t shake that GS. I’m going to see one on Friday…will report back…

FWIW I was in GS Flagship in Ginza two weeks ago and they said prices across GS were going up 10% in April.

I assume that will filter to US.

BTW with current Yen-USD, VAT free, and local prices, Japan really is a great place to buy a GS. Kobe store had a promotion across the line - Shunbun was $2700 cheaper all in compared to US post sales tax price by my Calc.

I should have bought it frankly, but was there for the wife.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I was in GS Flagship in Ginza two weeks ago and they said prices across GS were going up 10% in April.

I assume that will filter to US.

BTW with current Yen-USD, VAT free, and local prices, Japan really is a great place to buy a GS. Kobe store had a promotion across the line - Shunbun was $2700 cheaper all in compared to US post sales tax price by my Calc.

I should have bought it frankly, but was there for the wife.

was just poking around for an electric bass ( I think somebody just posted one in here ? ) and Japanese vendors are indeed a great deal rn

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads