• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a watch that was influential for you in your youth ? An image that could be the origin of your interest towards timepiece?
In my case the watch my older (and late) brother wore when I was a kid.
It was exactly the same as this one, I found the picture in the first pages of this thread. A Breitling Navitimer from mid 1960s.

View attachment 2112361
AVW-Rolex-GMT-Master-1675-MKII-4.jpg

A 1675 Pepsi GMT really struck a chord with me as a kid because my Dad had one . It was colorful, sporty, and looked different from other watches. I wanted one too, and I started learning about various Rolex models. When I got my first good watch, it was a few years late and the 1675 had been replaced by thge 16750 which had the white gold lum surrounds.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AVW-Rolex-GMT-Master-1675-MKII-4.jpg

A 1675 Pepsi GMT really struck a chord with me as a kid because my Dad had one . It was colorful, sporty, and looked different from other watches. I wanted one too, and I started learning about various Rolex models. When I got my first good watch, it was a few years late and the 1675 had been replaced by thge 16750 which had the white gold lum surrounds.
Has anyone ever seen Tom Selleck and “Dino” in the same place at the same time? Just sayin…

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
similar to the above 1675, it was my dad's 16710 black&red rolex gmt that i always remember and liked. it was his first rolex and so it'll go to my brother, the first son.

i can't really think of any celebrity that wore a watch that had my interest.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know! Let’s put the moon on the dial of the moonwatch! Just like what the astronauts wore!

F*cking horrible.
Pretty sure that Omega has a group of elementary school students as their present design group. There have been so many completely literal takes, this included, recently. I think that this is not bad enough to be iconically bad though, unlike their Franklin Mint Speedmasters a while back now.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in I think 1996 - 1997 I was dating an English girl whose sister was dating the late Gianluca Vialli, who was then playing for Chelsea. We all went out for dinner in Fulham and, while he was completely cool, I felt a bit inadequate as I was then just a random investment bank scrub peddling swaps and swap derivatives. He was wearing a full gold Rolex Sub and I do remember thinking yeah I need to get in on that wrist action.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in I think 1996 - 1997 I was dating an English girl whose sister was dating the late Gianluca Vialli, who was then playing for Chelsea. We all went out for dinner in Fulham and, while he was completely cool, I felt a bit inadequate as I was then just a random investment bank scrub peddling swaps and swap derivatives. He was wearing a full gold Rolex Sub and I do remember thinking yeah I need to get in on that wrist action.

this is the sound of a rolex marketing exec getting his wings

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a watch that was influential for you in your youth ? An image that could be the origin of your interest towards timepiece?
It was exactly the same as this one, I found the picture in the first pages of this thread. A Breitling Navitimer from mid 1960s.

View attachment 2112361
We were poor so I lusted after Tag Heuers (OT: and Porsches) but I never really thought I’d ever own one.

When I moved away from home my mom called me to plan a visit and she told me “hey your dad is making a bit more money these days and he’s asking if we can bring you something extravagant”.

Without any thought I blurted “I’d love a Tag Heuer,” and a few weeks later my mom showed up with this. Wore the fukk out of it until I started making a bit of money myself and acquired a few pieces of my own.

Here it is without the time or date adjusted:

IMG_1137.jpeg

takashi78

Reaction score
It’s always funny to me how a car with that much horsepower, engineering, and a cost of $250K can be “noticeably” improved by shedding a mere 35 pounds 🤔

I’d lose my **** if one of those wheels got curbed :(

You should have been here long enough to know Foo would have the 4x more sets of the exact rims as spares and to rotate.

But on a serious note, 35lbs overall for the car maybe you won't feel the difference.
It the weight reduction came from the wheels/tires then in my experience yes.

takashi78

Reaction score

For as long as i remembered i have always loved watches. Found a photo of myself when i was maybe 5-6yrs old and already had a watch on my wrist.

During high school my most fond memory was a watch called the Alba Spoon that i had, man was i the coolest dude in my grade LOL.
spoon_11_pc.jpg

And the watch that seriously got me into this hobby was the Tag Heuer F1.
Wish i still had this watch.

AS07439_40991098_TAGHEUER_FORMULAONE_WA1211-6.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should have been here long enough to know Foo would have the 4x more sets of the exact rims as spares and to rotate.

But on a serious note, 35lbs overall for the car maybe you won't feel the difference.
It the weight reduction came from the wheels/tires then in my experience yes.

Those are the Manthey mag wheels IIRC. Yes, that’s about what they offer in unsprung weight reduction, and that is very much a discernible improvement

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never thought i would have the chance to see this series of watch in a display let alone put it on my wrist.

Very light weight, fits relatively well on my small wrist. Winding is very smooth.
Not my favorite model in the lineup, that would be the carbon ver.
View attachment 2112603
Very interesting piece, for sure, but...it fits your wrist relatively well? Relative to what? It overhangs both sides of your wrist by at least 5mm. I have very slim wrists myself, so I'm not trying to wrist shame you, but that watch looks waaaaaay too big. Perhaps I'm not keen to your sense of humor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads