• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GS needs to re-release this model without a date. One of the coolest dials ever, IMO

View attachment 1924235
I raise. 😜

rolex-datejust-ii.jpg

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a very general sense yes, but what is different in terms of Daniel Roth vs your IWC/FC/Hamilton example is they usually work with round cases. In terms of DR here was a guy originally making watches with a truly unusual design. You couldn't mistake it for anything else. So he went from making one of the most instantly recognizable watches back then, to making something that looks like it could come from any other maker. There is nothing unusual about the design of the lugs, the case, or even the crown.

To me the Laurent Ferrier while round, has a very fluid soft rounded look. So even in the most common case shape, round, he manages to have a look that is different from a Calatrava, a Patrimony, or a Breguet Classique.

Although distinctiveness is an appreciable quality, it does not necessarily mean attractiveness: those weird Daniel Roth cases are totally unpleasant to me.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just walk into a Patek boutique, tell them you are thankful for finding them, that you want a Nautilus, and that you have no interest in waiting. Should work…
What's PGLB?

I sat with Patek a few weeks ago. They said they had one left NOS with a white dial at MSRP but I liked the silver one better so I said no thanks.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I mean, taking a macro view we can say that about most watches.

I think this is a beautiful dress watch but again, taking a wide view of it, this can be an IWC/Fredique Constant/Hamilton watch.

View attachment 1924097
Absolutely not. Take one in your hand, feel it, look at it closely, and it will be obvious, front and back. I know some on this thread feel personally betrayed by LF but he's still visibly a cut above these brands, and the design is striking in the flesh, well, metal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads