• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, aesthetics are very personal. While the design works, it isn't my first choice. However, I tend to favor dark dials anyway. Wishing you luck with whatever you decide!

Always appreciate your perspective and response. Most thoughtful guy of the thread, right here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, something of a thought exercise - and one that I have not fully considered.

What is the next watch that you are planning to buy?

What is the watch that you would buy next if the market looked, say, how it looked 10 years ago?

The current shortlist stands at: new ND Submariner, rose gold Cartier Tank LC, silver dial JLC MUT Moon

If we’re talking about a hypothetical world where the market/prices are what they were 10 years ago: I’d take a realistic shot at a MSRP black dial Daytona, a white gold Patek 5196, or a rose gold A Lange 1815

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the industry. My $0.02. Buy the nicest pair of speakers you can buy, definitely no more than $10k pair, a lot of really great stuff at $2k and nice stuff around $1k and and a reasonably priced amplifier with adequate power to drive them. Most everything higher price levels is buying with your eyes. There is a huge law of diminishing returns going with audio equipment…way worse than watches.
Interesting to read that. Generally have always paired B&Ws with Rotel, but having heard LINNs recent and Spendors recent, considering jumping to one of them with Macintosh.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1656854516231.png

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
With HiFi I stay away from the forums and try to trust my ears. Just now listening to an Aurender HD play the DSD version of Bill Evans’s Waltz for Debby into a CH Precision amp and SF Serafino speakers

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audio is a much better way to waste money than watches. I studied loudspeaker design in college until it became clear there was no money in it unless you were selling snake oil. Read DIY audio forums if you want to learn.

Now on to Seamaster doing things by the sea in Laguna.
View attachment 1808957
Which seamaster is this? Particularly nice

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more. After a certain price point, it’s all about aesthetics and how they add to the space rather than taking some away. Love the music my speakers play and haven’t an itch to upgrade in some time.

The crown jewel of my collection today ..

6A9F05A5-69BA-4911-86D3-238623C098F6.jpeg

Southeasterly

Reaction score
Seamaster 300m Master Coaxial in titanium. Watch is thick.

It’s certainly a little chunky at 39x14.5, but it wears better than the number would suggest so long as you’re not trying to slip it under a cuff. I’ve got the Black Bay 79220 on a bracelet for dress diver duty, but the Omega has gradually come to dominate my wrist as a daily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads