• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I know you are a troll. I wasn’t the one who initiated the comparison to the Datograph.
Yeah, that's not even remotely close to what happened. Newcomer said the 5004 is a hockey puck and that he dinged a Datograph for being too thick even though it was 2mm thinner. He wasn't comparing the functionality in relation to thickness. If he were he could have just pointed to the 5204 or 5372, both of which are significantly thinner than the 5004 and offer better functionality.

You took this as a golden opportunity to make a Foofian apples and oranges comparison in order to take a cheap shot at Lange. Doing so required you to ignore the fact that the 5004 is thicker than the most directly comparable Lange, just like when you compared the L1 to the 6119 rather than comparing, say, the Saxonia Thin to the 5196. It's pretty obvious that you are unwilling to compare Patek and Lange objectively because you continue to resort to sleight of hand and cheap shots.

Patek can stand on its own, you don't need to rely on bush league arguments to justify your preference for the wares. It's certainly not going to convince anyone here of the positions you are advocating.

物の哀れ

Reaction score
I know @TheFoo is also a fan of the 3445 - underrated.

1642202090064.png

1642202105705.png

1642202117169.png

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do we feel about this:?
View attachment 1737187
It is a very clean design. However i think the bezel is a little bit light, marginally wider would create some balance. Also, the lugs are obtrusively elongated. Those aside, the two-tone looks great, as does the bracelet and the nomenclature. Overall, its worth an in-store try?
PS - the only chronographs that should have date display function are those with a cohabiting calendar complication.

RobinMA

Reaction score
Thanks to the people that gave feedback on the GS! I’m excited for it. Until then, I’ll just cycle through the same old boring ****.
View attachment 1736960

THIS is a proper IB/PE baller watch. Successful financial industry guys never went for the five digit Daytona once the six digit had been released. As a baller, you dont buy "previous season".

Also the six digit has nice Panda / "racing" dials, red hands etc. The assertiveness that you need to "make it".

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Monopoussoir watches from Cartier’s CPCP are very interesting pieces. The movement was an ebauche from THA, an independent movement developer led by FP Journe, Flageollet (now De Bethune), and Vianney Halter in the 90’s, before they each went on to do their own thing.

I personally prefer the square Tank version, but it is unfortunately quite a bit rarer. Also, I’ve never handled one in person—could be silly big on the wrist.

Don’t love the monogram engraving on CPCP movement plates. Hopefully it is actually engraved and not stamped! @Dino944 may know.

Prices remain “reasonable” at ~$50-60K for a yellow or white gold Tortue. However, I have yet to come across one in pristine condition.

D145FB1A-01B3-47A5-A0FA-DB9C6A91DDB0.jpeg

E4A71FD4-8C2D-47AA-9947-3AE935F38904.jpeg

6C214DAE-BBD9-4C96-A118-99E049010BB9.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads