• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the people that gave feedback on the GS! I’m excited for it. Until then, I’ll just cycle through the same old boring shit.
View attachment 1736960
The yellow gold sub is better than a rose gold version. The yellow they produce is brilliant and you bought the right watch.

As for the GS, that watch has my preferred case shape from them and looks much better in person than in pictures. Its really difficult to capture the way the light plays off that case with the polishing. This one is my preferred reference since I know you were curious. Can confirm it indeed fucks in person, and especially in Waffle Houses. It's also thinner than Foo's goaty goat 5004:

1642186800438.png

1642186816388.png

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@George Red the GS is nice looking, but seems to me quite a bit different from the other watches that you usually post here. What caught your eye about this one?

St1X

Reaction score
Thanks to the people that gave feedback on the GS! I’m excited for it. Until then, I’ll just cycle through the same old boring shit.
View attachment 1736960
That's a nice watch. Don't get me wrong - it's adorable, but the case work is pedestrian and overall it doesn't fucks.
Show us some Pateks instead 😉

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score
All non-“serious” collectors: I’m really digging this. Thoughts?
View attachment 1736924
This is my favorite case being made today and for all the GS exploring I've done over the years, its one of the only ones I've never owned myself. Enjoy!

Some people claim that GS bracelets aren't up to snuff, there's no quick adjust or anything but personally I think they're fine. Also I had the same reaction as you to the SBGH295 and have a deposit down as well
I don't find anything wrong with them outside of the lack of quick adjust. I think its pretty lazy that they haven't done one yet, especially as the continue to push upwards in price, but I don't find much wrong with the ones I've had.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The yellow gold sub is better than a rose gold version. The yellow they produce is brilliant and you bought the right watch.

As for the GS, that watch has my preferred case shape from them and looks much better in person than in pictures. Its really difficult to capture the way the light plays off that case with the polishing. This one is my preferred reference since I know you were curious. Can confirm it indeed fucks in person, and especially in Waffle Houses. It's also thinner than Foo's goaty goat 5004:

View attachment 1736969
View attachment 1736970
My problem with GS is that a lot of their watches are pretty thick. Other than that, cool watch bro! This totally fucks like @RSS

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1736969
View attachment 1736970
MUAH

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side note: Why are we not seeing pictures of your platinum Day-Date or Daytona? These seem like the perfect watch for you...
Woah. I don’t own a platinum day date. I do have a few Daytonas that I sprinkle throughout this thread (including today).

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone’s interested, here’s the only video I’ve found of the GS. It’s so hot.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah. I don’t own a platinum day date. I do have a few Daytonas that I sprinkle throughout this thread (including today).
I meant, you should add a platinum day date or platinum daytona to your collection. They seem like a great fit for you.

You could go from Richemont trash to Nouveau Richemont trash :)

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone’s interested, here’s the only video I’ve found of the GS. It’s so hot.
You need to see the blue in person. My local GS dealer has had a few of the blue dial watches in the case over the years and the light shades just dont work for me. You may disagree, but I would definitely have a look in the metal if you can.

Edit: I think all GS watches should be seen in person if possible. They are really difficult to photograph and as much as I love many of the models for hte things you cant see in pictures, there are a few things that just dont work when you are there in real time.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the looks. The dial. The case shape. The nearly bezel-less outline. It’s just looks so clean. Like light dances off it.
My man. I, too, eat with my eyes first. The case shape is pretty great, especially the bevels on the lugs. I've been curious about GS for quite a while. I go through phases where I'm very interested and go look at them at the place down the street from my office, and then periods where I find them too sterile. This particular one is pretty intriguing, though, with that case shape.

You need to see the blue in person. My local GS dealer has had a few of the blue dial watches in the case over the years and the light shades just dont work for me. You may disagree, but I would definitely have a look in the metal if you can.

Edit: I think all GS watches should be seen in person if possible. They are really difficult to photograph and as much as I love many of the models for hte things you cant see in pictures, there are a few things that just dont work when you are there in real time.
Agreed. The GS I've looked at in person at my AD by and large looked very different from both the GS website renders and third party marketing photos--some for better, and some for worse. One of the more surprising examples was the Internet's favorite GS darling, the Snowflake. The dial was not nearly as pretty in person as I'd come to believe from that lying bastard The Internet. Conversely, some of the more seemingly pedestrian models that I saw online looked much better in person. One that comes to mind is one of the GMTs with the GMT bezel (not the ones with the small 24 hour markings on the dial). I'm pretty sure it had a green bezel, so it must have been the SBGE257 or SBGJ239.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%