• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

thuhoan

Reaction score
Just called about 10 GS dealers and boutiques. Nobody has it. One dealer, in particular, was very helpful: Carat & Co in New York (Queens, to be precise). I put down a deposit for the next one that comes in. First time I’ve ever had to do that for any watch. Looking forward to getting it.
carat & co is really great. Can recommend them

dan'l

Reaction score
Or you may have bought the better looking version. Personally, although I love blue dials, but I think they look far better with yellow gold or white metals than they do with rose gold. I remember trying on a 15202OR/Rose gold with a blue dial, and thinking it just looks off.
I‘m with Dino on this and think the Sub looks better in YG.

From a Hodinkee „I-wish-they-made-that“ article:

85B62C21-9F95-4148-8FCE-948A9CD43A0B.jpeg

This is the watch I‘ve been fantasizing over for the past 4 or 5 years - a solid gold Rolex w/o date. So far only the Daytona is sans date and I think a yellow gold Explorer would be absolutely killer. Even better if it were with a brushed finish. When the two-tone was released last year, my dream was half-fulfilled.

Perhaps Tudor will release something with a gold bracelet this year, since they now offer the BB58 in 18k on a strap.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100%.

Which is why it pays to learn more about what you are buying. More circumspection and less “COOL WATCH BRO! TOTALLY FUCKS!” would be a positive development.
Perhaps not mutually exclusive...knowledgeable folks can find fuck watches cool = “Bro that 5004 totally fucks - like a chode!”

;-)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We all have brains and balls (I'm pretty sure) and our desires come from both. These are emotional objects that appeal to both our higher and baser selves and even that dichotomy is really a polite fiction.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I know you are a troll. I wasn’t the one who initiated the comparison to the Datograph.
Yeah, that's not even remotely close to what happened. Newcomer said the 5004 is a hockey puck and that he dinged a Datograph for being too thick even though it was 2mm thinner. He wasn't comparing the functionality in relation to thickness. If he were he could have just pointed to the 5204 or 5372, both of which are significantly thinner than the 5004 and offer better functionality.

You took this as a golden opportunity to make a Foofian apples and oranges comparison in order to take a cheap shot at Lange. Doing so required you to ignore the fact that the 5004 is thicker than the most directly comparable Lange, just like when you compared the L1 to the 6119 rather than comparing, say, the Saxonia Thin to the 5196. It's pretty obvious that you are unwilling to compare Patek and Lange objectively because you continue to resort to sleight of hand and cheap shots.

Patek can stand on its own, you don't need to rely on bush league arguments to justify your preference for the wares. It's certainly not going to convince anyone here of the positions you are advocating.

BlairW

Reaction score
Not a big fan. I’m too used to the 3 sub dial Speedy that without the 3rd sub dial, it looks off.
I feel you but I think I’m ok with it. Thoughts on the two tone and silvery white dial?

Scuppers

Reaction score
How do we feel about this:?
View attachment 1737187
It is a very clean design. However i think the bezel is a little bit light, marginally wider would create some balance. Also, the lugs are obtrusively elongated. Those aside, the two-tone looks great, as does the bracelet and the nomenclature. Overall, its worth an in-store try?
PS - the only chronographs that should have date display function are those with a cohabiting calendar complication.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%