• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that watch a lot, and the date doesn't bother me. I'd be curious to see how the bracelet looks and feels in person.
I'm commemorating this post. I think it may be the first time you and I have agreed about a watch's desirability. :fistbump:

I'm still going to work on you about the GO Pano. :crackup:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I was hoping to find is something like this:

View attachment 1605175

- in what I assume is a two piece construction. With classic tone-on-tone stitching like in the photo. But you may be right that no one offers this type as a ready made strap, leaving custom as the only way.

If anyone do come across something like this, please share.
I know the author and he is a big fan of Jean Rousseau straps. So it is possible that he got it there, if that is his own watch.

I'm commemorating this post. I think it may be the first time you and I have agreed about a watch's desirability. :fistbump:

I'm still going to work on you about the GO Pano. :crackup:
:rotflmao: Cheers to us for finally being in agreement on a watch! :cheers:

As for changing my opinion on the GO Pano, you might have better luck getting blood from a stone, but I wish you all the best on that arduous task my friend!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the author and he is a big fan of Jean Rousseau straps. So it is possible that he got it there, if that is his own watch.
Thanks. JR was one of the sites I already checked; apparently their ready made gator straps only comes in two different thickness : 3.5mm or 5.0mm, both lined.

It seems a bit strange that unpadded gators (with traditional stitching) only are possible as a bespoke option (from this or any other makers), but so far it looks like it is.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend of my wife’s from school married a charismatic wannabe rockstar. His glamorous career never really took off, but her boring one did and she ended up as a senior partner in a very white shoe national law firm, while he gave guitar lessons to teenagers. Long story short, he found a 20-something girlfriend, gave her the shove and she had to write him an eight figure check that he’s using to open a bar/club where she presumes he will also **** all the waitresses.

I like to occasionally mention this to my Mrs. when she nags me about taking laundry out of the dryer to wear and not folding the rest …

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend of my wife’s from school married a charismatic wannabe rockstar. His glamorous career never really took off, but her boring one did and she ended up as a senior partner in a very white shoe national law firm, while he gave guitar lessons to teenagers. Long story short, he found a 20-something girlfriend, gave her the shove and she had to write him an eight figure check that he’s using to open a bar/club where she presumes he will also **** all the waitresses.

I like to occasionally mention this to my Mrs. when she nags me about taking laundry out of the dryer to wear and not folding the rest …
He’s living the dream, no?

?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
l
Thanks. JR was one of the sites I already checked; apparently their ready made gator straps only comes in two different thickness : 3.5mm or 5.0mm, both lined.

It seems a bit strange that unpadded gators (with traditional stitching) only are possible as a bespoke option (from this or any other makers), but so far it looks like it is.

Virtually all OEM straps are padded these days. For whatever reason, it’s come to be what people expect. Also, I suspect unlined straps made with thicker hides are simply costlier. Even the tippy-top watch brands don’t spec the highest end options from strap makers, so clearly they believe it is an area they can slip by with lower quality.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So... she's single?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So he didn't only have eyes for her. I guess he's not a fan of the cyclops either.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love these digressions regarding spouses.

I've been with mine for about 40 years ... although being gay we only married in the last decade. We both have similar financial situations which makes life easier. We also agreed early that we would have an "open" relationship. This has introduced new blood -- and excitement -- from time to time. It has worked wonderfully ... so I think of myself as lucky. Even at my age I feel as if I live in a candy store.

Probably TMI ... so I'll shut up now. ;-)

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l

Virtually all OEM straps are padded these days. For whatever reason, it’s come to be what people expect. Also, I suspect unlined straps made with thicker hides are simply costlier. Even the tippy-top watch brands don’t spec the highest end options from strap makers, so clearly they believe it is an area they can slip by with lower quality.

It’s a strange thing when trying to sell a watch. Buyers will actually want a discount for not having an OEM strap even though the OEM is inferior to the strap on the watch. I guess your average buyer doesn’t have a clue. And the funny thing is you can have a custom hand stitched strap from Jean Rousseau in the alligator of your choice for less than a replacement strap at Patek, which is of the lesser quality you describe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads