• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ATLVol

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a new Batman GMT. I am not sure if I will be keeping as I am quite fond of the black GMT I picked up a year ago. I was sure I wanted the Batman but thought it might be phased out and now don’t believe I need them both.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone other than @Jerkstore and @cchen have a recent pick-up or incoming? Or are you all waiting for the bottom to drop out of the watch market?

I'm on lists for a Pepsi and a Steel Daytona. But both shops, along with all the others that sell new watches in my area are closed.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting this one later in the year.
E6D0642B-00FC-4CF3-92C4-CABDE426B44E.png

Or maybe the new James Bond on bracelet. JB watch is a lot more expensive but I prefer the no date and is slightly thinner.

45E69D77-B679-443C-B40C-73C493124BFD.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting this one later in the year. View attachment 1365269
Or maybe the new James Bond on bracelet. JB watch is a lot more expensive but I prefer the no date and is slightly thinner.

View attachment 1365270

I like the James Bond Seamaster a lot more. Its one watch where I don't mine the faux aged lum. The steel and gold Seamaster just doesn't do anything for me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on lists for a Pepsi and a Steel Daytona. But both shops, along with all the others that sell new watches in my area are closed.
How long have been on the lists? Do you have a purchasing history with both ADs?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long have been on the lists? Do you have a purchasing history with both ADs?

Yes, I have a purchase history with both ADs. I only asked to be on the wait lists last summer. I was on a wait list at another AD, where I purchased my Batman, but they lost their contract with Rolex last year.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the James Bond Seamaster a lot more. Its one watch where I don't mine the faux aged lum. The steel and gold Seamaster just doesn't do anything for me.
I’m leaning towards the Bond watch and will probably buy a black rubber strap to go with it. If I go with the Bond watch, it’ll be much later in the year or potentially next year. The 2 tone on rubber is going for about half the price of the Bond right now.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random Watch Thought: there was a very nice 1980's gold Santos that sold in ~ 1 day of being listed publicly. Still had the sticker on the back even. :inlove:

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Akrivia Chronometre Contemporain incoming, due may/June. Haven’t heard yet if it will be supplied as expected.
I am waiting for the resale market to drop, have my eye on a couple of pieces but prices seem excessive.

wow! endgame piece for many. hope to see it on your wrist soon

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To pull the trigger on a $17k black dial ceramic Daytona or not, that is the question.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To pull the trigger on a $17k black dial ceramic Daytona or not, that is the question.
I wouldn't pay a penny over MSRP. That's just me. In any event, I think you can do better if you wait a few months.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that new or Pre-owned? Just curious. It seemed that just 1-2 Months ago the going average was $3-5k more for one that was new.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards the Bond watch and will probably buy a black rubber strap to go with it. If I go with the Bond watch, it’ll be much later in the year or potentially next year. The 2 tone on rubber is going for about half the price of the Bond right now.

I'd wait, save up, and buy the Bond watch. I think it is so much nicer than the 2 tone Seamaster, but YMMV.

The stainless ceramic Daytona is nice, but I'd never pay over list for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads