• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WSW

Reaction score
Has anyone see this HODINKEE “travel clock” ?

How did they find 96 people stupid enough to pay $6000 for this ugly garbage?

the marketing fluff is vomit inducing as well

They’ve certainly sold some over priced garbage in the past, but this is on another level

The movement itself is a chunky poorly finished Pontifa.

Nonetheless, hats off to the hustle and grift, especially in a down economy.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Roman numerals on watches, but I do like the Cartier Drive Extra-Flat and have toyed with the idea of buying it. What I'm really holding out for is a Cartier Tank Cintree in stainless steel. A man can dream . . .

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Roman numerals on watches, but I do like the Cartier Drive Extra-Flat and have toyed with the idea of buying it. What I'm really holding out for is a Cartier Tank Cintree in stainless steel. A man can dream . . .
Never happening. Best you’re going to get is the Tank Américaine in SS.

ducatiti

Reaction score

Very nice.. Mine says hi! :)

ZJ%14KrwRO2Ap1xdY1uyPA.jpg
b0PByGBsQdKslcJpm118vg.jpg
6daQUYLQSk2X59JKODk65w.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1f61.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_200b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2008.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. My favorite among my gator straps, so I agree. Navy and orange, not so much :)

I agree, it looks great on the black or the dark brown strap! Love the contrast!

beautiful! my favorite of the Santos series. I can’t tell from the pic but is that yellow or rose gold?

The two tone model (of the Santos de Cartier) is currently only offered in yellow gold and steel. That is how the Santos was first released in 1978, a combination of steel and yellow gold. One would have to get the Santos Dumont to get it in steel and rose gold.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, I recall when the pasha was the beez kneez, never got onboard that journey. Find myself liking it more and more as i mature!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, I recall when the pasha was the beez kneez, never got onboard that journey. Find myself liking it more and more as i mature!

The Pasha was the watch the first got me interested in Cartier. I can remember the first time I saw one in the early 90's. I was in college and another student from South America was wearing one. The design really fascinated me. Its a really comfortable watch to wear and I love the bracelet. As I'm sure you know Cartier is relaunching a line of Pashas this fall. I'm curious to see how they compare to my now vintage Pasha. Cheers!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m loving that watch! Of all of the older designs to bring Back, I’m glad they chose the Pasha.

Yes, I'm looking forward to its return also. I've always felt it was a great option in the luxury sports watch field. Ideal for when you don't need to wear a dress watch, but you want to wear something a bit more elegant than say a diving watch or pilot's watch. It just ticked all the right boxes for me. Its design was unlike anything else at the time, the size was perfect, the dial was handsome, and the bracelet was well made and comfortable. I'm looking forward to seeing the new models this fall.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pasha was the watch the first got me interested in Cartier. I can remember the first time I saw one in the early 90's. I was in college and another student from South America was wearing one. The design really fascinated me. Its a really comfortable watch to wear and I love the bracelet. As I'm sure you know Cartier is relaunching a line of Pashas this fall. I'm curious to see how they compare to my now vintage Pasha. Cheers!
I also was at Uni when the Pasha came to my attention, had fleeting love affair with it as my local Cartier ambassador, Michelle, sported one. Still, despite trying to love it, long term, it didn’t stick.
However, now, reviewing it, feel i missed a moment in time.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth