• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gah can't decide on color of combo fleece. Japan Uniqlo is still in stock on em. Light brown isn't doing it for me. I'm between black or olive. Thinking olive. Looks like I'll need to size down too, looks huge from measurements. I got a size Large ACG fleece that's oversized on me and looks to have the same measurements as a small combo fleece.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally liked polos and regret not buying more and I am pretty sure I will love these fleeces when courier brings them next monday.

Love the EG polos as well. I was so happy to find the gray polka dot for $9.90. In total I have 4 EG polos.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly my local store got the EG collection, they rarely get any collabs or the full U line up. Got the EG combo jacket in black.

Jacket is very good for the price. Wasn't a huge fan of the paneling at first (and called it Frankenstein) but the black one is fairly muted. The other colors are nice (shadewise) but the paneling is more noticeable. I got the black one because it's more muted and goes better with my wardrobe, I mainly wear black/white/grey. Other colors didn't go as well with the pants in pics.

I wouldn't size down unless you're on the small side in your size. I'm 6'1" 185 wearing a large if this helps anyone with sizing. @Coldsnap Excuse the mess

MVIMG_20191010_163156.jpg

zipped
IMG_20191010_163323.jpg

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Timbaland Black was looking the best color in some of the natural fits I saw on people. Could you bother to measure the pit to pit on the large?

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it lined with fleece on the inside? Kinda regretting not grabbing one for the gym. My patagonia fleece is dying.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That black is awesome.. Going to sleep on it, back and forth between Black/Olive size Small/Medium lol.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Timbaland Black was looking the best color in some of the natural fits I saw on people. Could you bother to measure the pit to pit on the large?

26" p2p tapers to 21" at the hem. Measured with the jacket fully zipped of course.

Where are the natural fits you're talking about seeing them in? Specific hashtag on Instagram?

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black matches with everything. The green you have to be selective. Unless you don't give a damn about color boundaries. :D

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
26" p2p tapers to 21" at the hem. Measured with the jacket fully zipped of course.

Where are the natural fits you're talking about seeing them in? Specific hashtag on Instagram?

Ok cool, I'm going true to size then. Yea I just search #engineeredgarments or #uniqlo on instagram. I posted a black combo fleece awhile back and thought it looked best because the panneling looked more low key as you mentioned also.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it lined with fleece on the inside? Kinda regretting not grabbing one for the gym. My patagonia fleece is dying.

Edit: I should be more specific. The whole jacket is fleece (the standard flat kind) other than the elbows patches that extends down the forearm and the shoulders/upper back being nylon. The paneling is pile fleece and some other fleece (don't know the name but it's the loop kind). The whole inside is the standard fleece other than the paneling. It'd be great for the gym. I plan on wearing it with pajama pants or sweats for lounging at home, running errands, and flights.

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf. I was there earlier and they had plenty of everything. I also thought the fleece pullover was better than the zip jacket. But that’s just me. There’s an open collar black/white uniqlo flannel that’s nice just regular uniqlo line, they also have this like light mud colored pullover hoodie that looks like it came straight from the Robert Geller color inspired Yeezy line.

Quilted vest might be one of better quality stuff they’ve had. 60/40 cotton nylon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics