• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CDF9DCBB-EA75-494D-8CD5-2FB57BE9C357.jpeg

Here’s a quick pic of the color in light of that shirt

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these cargos?

I was just going to pull the trigger on some orSlow cargos, but thought maybe these would be worth trying.

I didn't try them on because I have skinny legs and all my pants and jeans are skinny. No way I could get away with those today. Maybe in the 90's. :crackup:

But to be perfectly honest with you, I found the pants very thin. They are overpriced imo. They should be at $19.90-$24.90. The Navy color looked dusty. But it's because of the cheap materials. You wear these in the fall your legs will get cold.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I didn't try them on because I have skinny legs and all my pants and jeans are skinny. No way I could get away with those today. Maybe in the 90's. :crackup:

But to be perfectly honest with you, I found the pants very thin. They are overpriced imo. They should be at $19.90-$24.90. The Navy color looked dusty. But it's because of the cheap materials. You wear these in the fall your legs will get cold.

Ah alright. Good to know. I think I like the olive color of the orSlow easy cargos I’ve been looking at more anyway, so maybe I’ll stick with those...

cafedandy

Reaction score
Someone pleas tell me what these jackets are and when they're coming out - look just as nice if not nicer than anything in the U line.

190807_image_01.jpg

20190808_men_011.jpg

Edit:

I guess the blazer is probably this:

Comfort Jacket

goods_37_420919.jpg

Though it looks much better in the model shot at the top of my post, worn (I assume) a size up.

Hard to tell whether it's a more vibrant (above) or muted (below) brown.
The Wool Cashmere Coat with check pattern will be released soon, saw this in the future line-up in Uniqlo Japan (with rough Google Translation). I wish they just made the U gun club check coat in this similar material rather than blocktech.

Attachments

• 37_420920.jpg
    37_420920.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 420920_sub3.jpg
    420920_sub3.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.48.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.48.00 AM.png
    667 KB · Views: 150

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was the only thing I felt I needed to pickup from the collection immediately. Going to wait on sales and see fits on some of the other stuff. Measurements on this didn't look right on the website.. 60cm PTP while my mainline wide fit has a 64cm ptp, but we will see when it arrives.

shirt.PNG

cafedandy

Reaction score
U 19FW has already been released in Japan and I follow MB, a Japanese fashion blogger who makes these quick reports every release. I subscribe to his e-mail magazine and thought to share these fit pics (and his thoughts on some pieces) he posted. His general review all in all, is that it's a pretty good collection even if there are a lot of familiar pieces over the seasons already, being able to have pieces from the one of the world's best designers at the lowest prices from Uniqlo:

He finds the Blocktech Oversize Coat this season to be one of the best versions of the soutien coat in the U line since 17FW due to the wool content and Scottish traditional twill weave that gives it a refined texture with this shade of brown.

The Straight Cut Denim is interesting, but it has a bit of a boot cut feel towards the hem when worn (it has a similar fel to Lemaire's own mainline straight cut denim in terms of fit, and the center crease). He recommends to try it personally in store as it might not work for some, or to see if one needs to size up.
DSC00018.jpg
IMG_9911.jpg IMG_9919.jpg

The Parka hoodie has been a staple since FW16 and is still one with the best cost performance.
IMG_0018.jpg

The Women's Warm Padded Short Coat is also a recommendation that he doesn't feel like a Michelin man, as is always the case with down coats.
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg

The Corduroy Setup has a casual feeling with a relaxed fit and a washed feeling of the piles.
IMG_0049.jpg IMG_0051.jpg

The Open Collar Flannel feels like a pajama for him, but when styled in a certain way, it can still work. The 3D U Knit Lambswool is also a recommendation since it's the first 3D Knit for men, and the seamless design is elegant. Lambswool is what you'd expect with Uniqlo.
IMG_0059.jpg IMG_0064.jpg

Boa Fleece Jacket's collar is nice, but he still prefers last year's designs
IMG_9925.jpg

The Sherpa Fleece Blouson used moleskin cotton, so it has a smooth texture, and is warm due to the fleece lining.
IMG_9934.jpg

The Fleece Shirt Jacket
IMG_9947.jpg

The Tailored Jacket and Wide Fit Tapered Pants setup are the same fit as 18FW, only now it uses 100% polyester, but has a wool-like texture and still has a refined feeling.
IMG_9957.jpg

He also always recommends any of the Milano Rib knits (sweater, cardigan, jacket) due to the glossy/dressy vibe. Below he wears the Milano Rib Jacket, while he likes the new color in brown, he also feels a bit tired seeing the sameevery year (and this is exactly same design as the Uniqlo and Lemaire 15FW). A new design might make it exciting next time.
IMG_9973.jpg

The Wool Check Crew Neck Sweater
IMG_9981.jpg IMG_9985.jpg

Here's a link of his video shopping the collection (and spending around 212,176 JPY = around US$ 2000):

He will be posting more fit pics in the future, and a review of the Blocktech Check Coat and Blocktech Duffle Coat when they get released (it was delayed to 9/30 in Japan). Hope these help in your selection upon release.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
U 19FW has already been released in Japan and I follow MB, a Japanese fashion blogger who makes these quick reports every release. I subscribe to his e-mail magazine and thought to share these fit pics (and his thoughts on some pieces) he posted. His general review all in all, is that it's a pretty good collection even if there are a lot of familiar pieces over the seasons already, being able to have pieces from the one of the world's best designers at the lowest prices from Uniqlo:

He finds the Blocktech Oversize Coat this season to be one of the best versions of the soutien coat in the U line since 17FW due to the wool content and Scottish traditional twill weave that gives it a refined texture with this shade of brown.

The Straight Cut Denim is interesting, but it has a bit of a boot cut feel towards the hem when worn (it has a similar fel to Lemaire's own mainline straight cut denim in terms of fit, and the center crease). He recommends to try it personally in store as it might not work for some, or to see if one needs to size up.
View attachment 1244877
View attachment 1244885 View attachment 1244886

The Parka hoodie has been a staple since FW16 and is still one with the best cost performance.
View attachment 1244878

The Women's Warm Padded Short Coat is also a recommendation that he doesn't feel like a Michelin man, as is always the case with down coats.
View attachment 1244879
View attachment 1244880

The Corduroy Setup has a casual feeling with a relaxed fit and a washed feeling of the piles.
View attachment 1244881 View attachment 1244882

The Open Collar Flannel feels like a pajama for him, but when styled in a certain way, it can still work. The 3D U Knit Lambswool is also a recommendation since it's the first 3D Knit for men, and the seamless design is elegant. Lambswool is what you'd expect with Uniqlo.
View attachment 1244883 View attachment 1244884

Boa Fleece Jacket's collar is nice, but he still prefers last year's designs
View attachment 1244887

The Sherpa Fleece Blouson used moleskin cotton, so it has a smooth texture, and is warm due to the fleece lining.
View attachment 1244888

The Fleece Shirt Jacket
View attachment 1244889

The Tailored Jacket and Wide Fit Tapered Pants setup are the same fit as 18FW, only now it uses 100% polyester, but has a wool-like texture and still has a refined feeling.
View attachment 1244890

He also always recommends any of the Milano Rib knits (sweater, cardigan, jacket) due to the glossy/dressy vibe. Below he wears the Milano Rib Jacket, while he likes the new color in brown, he also feels a bit tired seeing the sameevery year (and this is exactly same design as the Uniqlo and Lemaire 15FW). A new design might make it exciting next time.
View attachment 1244891

The Wool Check Crew Neck Sweater
View attachment 1244892 View attachment 1244893

Here's a link of his video shopping the collection (and spending around 212,176 JPY = around US$ 2000):

He will be posting more fit pics in the future, and a review of the Blocktech Check Coat and Blocktech Duffle Coat when they get released (it was delayed to 9/30 in Japan). Hope these help in your selection upon release.

Did he say if he had the Straight Cut Denim altered? I mean he does not look very tall and it looks too cropped on him??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads