• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CityMap

Reaction score
Uniqlo U came out in Japan today, Doesn't seem that popular, but the stores only carry a certain amount.
Only the ultra large ones carry the full line up.

by the way, anyone here a fan of the Uniqlo Jogger Pants?

what are your favorite types?
the cotton ones? denim like? jersey? mirano rib?

Phrost

Reaction score

Here's a small album of ****** pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ja9Z2

Knit would have been better in a small.
I tried on both S and XS for the work jacket but other outerwear is all XS.
5'7 ~153lbs.

You ended up getting the textured lambswool crew neck sweater, right?

How do you like it? Is the wool thick/scratchy/comfortable to wear? How did the sweater look in Red and Navy?

I think the Work Jacket looks better in the larger size, especially if you plan on layering it. How thick is it?

The MA-1 bomber looks good in the pictures. I'll curious to check it out in person.

If it's a similar fabric to the women's mainline one, I may exchange them. It sucks that it's priced $40 more than the regular one though...

Lol at the collar on the chore coat.

That jacket is borrowing from the old M-43 Field Jacket.

Last edited:

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Yea I did. It's not the most comfortable (wool is medium thickness but definitely scratchy) but for what I paid I can't really complain. I didn't remember seeing red or navy but I didn't look around.

Agreed on the sizing work jacket. Fabric felt pretty substantial like robinsongreen68 said.

Pretty sure its the same but I'll check back today to make sure if I have time.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple n00b questions as I haven't been in a Uniqlo in over a year. Is Uniqlo U higher or lower quality than mainline? A friend is looking for a navy bomber at a sub-200$ range; is Uniqlo his best bet?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5'7 ~153lbs.

That knit looks good there! I'm really interested in seeing what the red/burgundy and green colours looks like IRL

Anyone in TO up to proxy a peice or two with-in Canada?

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's a small album of ****** pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ja9Z2

5'7 ~153lbs.

Chesterfield looks good, but would you agree with a previous poster that the quality isn't good?

ILikeBacon

Reaction score

That knit looks good there! I'm really interested in seeing what the red/burgundy and green colours looks like IRL

Anyone in TO up to proxy a peice or two with-in Canada?

Yeah I think I can proxy for you.

Chesterfield looks good, but would you agree with a previous poster that the quality isn't good?

Check my earlier post. But yeah I wasn't feeling the fabric they used. Maybe some people would like it though? There must be a reason they opted for the double face 50% wool 50% poly fabric instead of just using a similar fabric to their regular line topcoat.

JilSlander

Reaction score
I saw a girl wearing the mainline Olive green women's MA-1 bomber in the street the other day.

It looked really good and flattering on her, but I kinda like girls in bombers though
shog[1].gif

From the pictures, the Women's miainline and Lemaire version look pretty similar, other than the Lemaire one being reversible.

If you're looking to save $30, consider the mainline version. I actually had it in my hands for a bit and I'd recommend it.

The nylon outer and ribbing used is substantial and is a lot better than the mainline Men's version.

My girl has the mainline olive MA-1 and it's glorious. I don't understand why they didn't do a men's version just like that.

Edit: Looks like the women's reversible U MA-1 is another winner.

Last edited:

innerstyle

Reaction score
Interesting in the past few days we've seen the women's trench and now bomber being admired. Bombers look unisex, if you can size up and fit the women's size go for it. I've done that with Nike Frees as a shoe is a shoe as long as it fits you. Actually the women's bomber looks a bit cropped, may not work for the fellas.

Last edited:

GeorgeCowley

Reaction score
Has Uniqlo stopped selling button-fly jeans in the UK? I'm looking for raw selvedge button fly jeans.
Oh how I wish i'd bought 20 of their MIJ's when they were available instead of just five...

Joey From 181

Reaction score

Interesting in the past few days we've seen the women's trench and now bomber being admired. Bombers look unisex, if you can size up and fit the women's size go for it. I've done that with Nike Frees as a shoe is a shoe as long as it fits you. Actually the women's bomber looks a bit cropped, may not work for the fellas.

Yeah, Thats the problem. I tried on the mainline women's bomber the other day in a XL and it fit well everywhere, but the body and sleeve lengths made it look like a kid's jacket.

The Uniqlo U bomber looks good tho. I only wish it had a placket like the women always get.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait am I seeing things? I know someone on here said the woman's U line ma-1 was more expensive than the UK one but 30 bucks?

It shows it as 60 pounds on the UK website which is around $80. US website says it will be $110 when it comes out October 14. At more than double the price I'd just get my wife the regular one at 50 bucks

Phrost

Reaction score
The women's Lemaire MA-1 is $79.90 and men's is $89.90. I was saying to OccultaVexillum that if he wanted to save $30, he should look at the women's mainline MA-1 that's $49.90.

The US prices are about $10 more across the board compared to Canada and UK, probably to account for the strong dollar.

It sucks that the men's Lemaire bomber is $40 more than the mainline one and $10 more than the women's version.

I agree about the storm placket, it's actually useful to keep out the wind. The option for reversibility is nice also.

I'd rather have welt pockets with hidden snaps rather than the flap pockets though.

It's missing the sleeve zip pocket, which I like, but the interior chest pocket does look a lot more sturdy than the mainline men's one.

It seems like the women's outerwear, from the mainline to the collaborations, are more interesting than the men's.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads