• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
How do these compare to the regular jeans? I don't know which of their jeans to buy anymore there are so many iterations released with each collection.
Fit is Helmut Lang jeans. Described by Lang as « based on old Levi’s jeans » : pretty vague as there are multiple models. Reminds me of Levi’s 551. wide and tapering just a little.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
any opinions on the UNIQLO U AIRISM COTTON OVERSIZED CREW NECK LONG SLEEVED T-SHIRT
how is the fit and the quality
the short sleeve ones are really good

the new short utility blouson jacket is really nice

Last edited:

Jawnpy

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can grab this sweater in Medium? Looking for a brown color one. So sad I missed out when I just recently discovered these
IMG_6598.png

cafedandy2

Reaction score
any opinions on the UNIQLO U AIRISM COTTON OVERSIZED CREW NECK LONG SLEEVED T-SHIRT
how is the fit and the quality
the short sleeve ones are really good

the new short utility blouson jacket is really nice

Pretty much the same quality and fabric, only the cut of the sleeves are longer with cuffs and there are side slits. I personally don't like the cuffs as someone who likes to roll my sleeves by a quarter but in general, if you like the S/S tee, this should be good.

tennessee

Reaction score
Not seeing anything here in the USA, but have any of the overseas fashion media outlets posted any photos of the Uniqlo U SS24 collection yet?

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Not seeing anything here in the USA, but have any of the overseas fashion media outlets posted any photos of the Uniqlo U SS24 collection yet?
It could be the release of lookbooks are delayed this time to match the seasons rather than the previously advanced announcements (I remember a time when the SS18 lookbook was released early December of 2017, then it started to get later and later).

There weren't even press previews in Japan like before. However, there are some items released earlier in some countries, like in Korea and Vietnam:

Open Collar Long Sleeve Shirt: (It's very thin so great for hot weather)

Utility Overshirt: (Might be my fave piece, just waiting for its release)

Parachute Cargo Shorts: (I like this one a lot and use regularly)

New Drawstring Bag:

Drawstring Backpack:

And of course, some new colors for the U Airism tees and U women's tees and the Cargo Parachute pants.
Women's Parachute Pants in Japan releases mid-March... so probably around that time the full line-up will be released? https://www.uniqlo.com/jp/ja/products/E467043-000/00?colorDisplayCode=09&sizeDisplayCode=004

tennessee

Reaction score
It could be the release of lookbooks are delayed this time to match the seasons rather than the previously advanced announcements (I remember a time when the SS18 lookbook was released early December of 2017, then it started to get later and later).

There weren't even press previews in Japan like before. However, there are some items released earlier in some countries, like in Korea and Vietnam:

Open Collar Long Sleeve Shirt: (It's very thin so great for hot weather)

Utility Overshirt: (Might be my fave piece, just waiting for its release)

Parachute Cargo Shorts: (I like this one a lot and use regularly)

New Drawstring Bag:

Drawstring Backpack:

And of course, some new colors for the U Airism tees and U women's tees and the Cargo Parachute pants.
Women's Parachute Pants in Japan releases mid-March... so probably around that time the full line-up will be released? https://www.uniqlo.com/jp/ja/products/E467043-000/00?colorDisplayCode=09&sizeDisplayCode=004
Thanks for sharing! There's been a couple of early US arrivals too, but I'm eagerly awaiting the full collection preview. I ordered and returned one of the new U Airism long sleeve tees. It was nice enough but felt like something I would exercise in vs. wear casually. I might give it another try once they get discounted.

cafedandy2

Reaction score

Attachments

• Fxc.png
    Fxc.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • L24.png
    L24.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
  • XHc.png
    XHc.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 758
  • ZoU.png
    ZoU.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 943

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Everything always looks good on rails or held up on a hanger... but I am looking forward to more pictures. It is nice to see some greens and blues in there. Agree the vest thing looks interesting.

I ended up getting two pieces from the EG collab, heavily discounted in the sale. Was a little disappointed in the big long coat thing. Felt a bit flappy with lots of fabric round the neck. Also thought the finishing / details weren't as impressive as I had hoped. The fit was okay - really exaggerated flare at the bottom back area. I did size down (everyone said to) but that was a mistake. Might try again in my normal size if there's even more money off.

I also got blouson in navy. Mind blown. £40. Apart from some early U pieces it is easily the best thing i've ever bought from Uniqlo. I went for my normal size and the fit is almost perfect (i've order the size up to try on and make sure). I know it's heavily discounted but even at RRP I wouldn't be that disappointed. It looks beautiful, the finishing and details - zips, poppers, pockets, cuffs - are sleek. The shape is slouchy / boxy, but not silly. It goes with pretty much everything and i've been able to dress it up and down. Love it.

My only worry is that given the level of discount and stock clearly still kicking around maybe it hasn't been that popular and Uniqlo won't try something like it again.

apolloali

Reaction score
interesting: i felt the blouson was easily the cheapest looking thing in the collection of EG stuff. my favorite was the field jacket.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Hmmm I haven't seen the field jacket in person. It's not really my thing but it does have a 100% cotton outer which is a big plus. The main downside of the blouson is probably that wool-like poly finish, which can look a little 'shiny' under certain artificial light. Maybe I will change my mind come the light of day tomorrow (I cannot stress enough how much getting it for £40 has probably shaped my opinion here). Still, after a lot of disappointments with Uniqlo over the last few seasons it does feel nice to get something I want to keep.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
TBH, most of Uniqlo is sh*t now. I was often in Japan when they started (and didn’t had shops out of Japan) and their stuff was much better quality then. I only find (rarely) interest in their collabs now. Got the EG field jacket, pretty cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads