• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
I just googled a bit and found out that fleece actually is by character an artificial wool-like-material. It was born to be artificial wool.

Jackets made of recycled bottles is a cool add-on in terms of value and suits the style of those futuristic designed jackets (in UU and WM).

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Universal Works do some quite interesting fleece garments, including a 64% wool zip liner jacket. They're obviously not as fluffy as those really thick pile fleeces, but they add something a lil' different and they've got a nice boxy shape.

I do like fleece, but find the thicker carpet style (like the WM oversized jacket) to be a bit naff unless done really well. I have a few of the mainline Uniqlo ones in the shorter, 'microfleece' and wear them a lot (a marled green one looks about triple the price), but since they changed the neck shape and the ribbing / pipping i've not been a fan.

The only piece from the WM collection i was interested in was the ULD jacket, which either hasn't been listed yet or sold out really quickly.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone handled the WM light-down jacket? If so, does it have more volume (padding) than the mainline down pieces, that I found did have much down insulation at all? The fit pictures definitely make them look better, but their fit pics can be deceiving.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
View attachment 1684443

Uniqlo in Le Marais is the nicest one I’ve seen. They have an industrial art installation in the basement.
View attachment 1684449
I kopped the oversized cotton corduroy easy pants and they’re super comfy. The color in the tag is “brown” but they’re more of a charcoal or “bark.”

Are these the utility pants or the waistband ankle length relaxed ones? They both seem oversized

Nothing4ok

Reaction score
I copped, but still waiting on shipping. Will report back when it comes in. Saw a video review and it looked much better than the stock photos.

Yeah I did the same lol. Most sizes sold out pretty quick. I wasn't 100% on the sizing but for that kind of technical-look with real down, I'm not sure you can do much better for the price.

duanejosey

Reaction score
Yeah I did the same lol. Most sizes sold out pretty quick. I wasn't 100% on the sizing but for that kind of technical-look with real down, I'm not sure you can do much better for the price.

Agreed. I copped a small and medium--not sure which one will be the better fit. Uniqlo Collaboration coats are pretty warm in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus