• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of airism boxer briefs, do you guys cut off the tags? I cut off the tags and on one of them, the back where the tag used to be became itchy and irritating as hell, to the point where I don't even wear that pair anymore. Any fixes or ways to prevent this?

Did you use a seam ripper? I leave my tags on but sometimes I get a slight poke. I might remove them now that you mention it. I removed much of the tags on other Uniqlo clothing with a seam ripper. Just have to be careful and take your time.

with all their heattech stuff it's warmer with something over it. worn alone I didn't think it did much at all

One reviewer said he wore them outside with nothing over them and he was cold. What an idiot lol Ain't no $20 cheap item from Uniqlo gonna give someone an abundant amount of heat.

JilSlander

Reaction score
Saw the SS17 flight jacket and it's the same material used on their mountain parkas.

Worth it at $20. $50? Not so much.

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
wish they'd just make a bomber with the same thick nylon they used on the women's version. the qlomaire version is a little too streamlined for my taste.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$15 flannel sale was "off the hook"(?) -- just wish I knew why they abandoned all the great patterns from years past.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have brand new in the manufacturer bags 3 Uniqlo camo flannels I think from 2yrs ago. A dark green, black and navy. Beautiful shirts. Good quality too I found these slightly thicker than the usual Uniqlo flannel they have in tons of colors. Been saving them for a special occasion. I just have so many new stuff I haven't bothered to wear.

jajordan378

Reaction score

Re: the extra warm, I'm not a big fan of the smooth and silkiness, feels sort of like pantyhose on my body. The ultra is totally different, cotton-like and real plush with a nice texture which I prefer. I gave it another chance today and it's grown on me, not that warm by itself which is how I was wearing it before. However, under a fleece it's like an oven which is what I wanted. Still may get some merino though been reading smart wool ain't as good as it used to be so I'll probably try out some duckworths.
icebreakers. I wear those daily, never been cold and I live in northern maine. And they're antibacterial so you only have to wash like once a month tops. I literally live in them. Pricey but worth it.

conqueror

Reaction score
the australian webstore apparently has two different models/codes of the slim 'flat front' chinos (i wear them to work), even though the pictures/measurements are exactly the same online. one seems to be slightly thicker in material and also has a way longer inseam, even though it's supposedly only 34".

i echo the flannel comments - a M fits me perfectly, but the patterns for the last 2 years or so have been mostly disappointing.

Last edited:

noobedloser

Reaction score
Just wanted to make a quick comment about the block tech parka (non U) version.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-bl...id=men-activewear#start=9&cgid=men-activewear

The hood on this is terrible especially if it's raining and windy which is almost always the case. It's been blow off almost any time the wind blows into the hood because it's so flimsy. The jacket does protect me from the rain but I find the hood almost unusable which is frustrating

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not all the slim fit chinos are the same. I've found two different models. One has a higher spandex content and feels less like cotton with give and more like workout type pants. I think they're the dark grey ones? I could be wrong but the also felt like they had a longer rise. I remember fitting on dark grey ones and then noticed 2-3 colors all piled together with the others that were different. Not sure if it's a different season, or cut, or what, but just a note.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Just wanted to make a quick comment about the block tech parka (non U) version.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-bl...id=men-activewear#start=9&cgid=men-activewear

The hood on this is terrible especially if it's raining and windy which is almost always the case. It's been blow off almost any time the wind blows into the hood because it's so flimsy. The jacket does protect me from the rain but I find the hood almost unusable which is frustrating

Have you tried tightening the hood with the draw cords and locks?

Still not the best hood, but that solved the problem for me. Keeps me dry in the rain and doesn't flop off in the wind.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran