• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score

got the $15 mock neck tee.  soft, but low armholes and big even a size down.  would also be nice if it the body were an inch longer.

Did not notice any of those things. (Apparently some of the colors are not 100% cotton, if that factors in.) Meanwhile, I always forget the standard shipping takes a comically long time to reach me from one state over - ordered from U and shipped the day after drop with a delivery estimate of this Saturday :/

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a few hours drive from their shipping facility and the last few times I've ordered it's taken over a week to arrive, it used to be the next business day. Free shipping though so whatevs.

boned

Reaction score
I ordered a ton online and it got to the Chicago store next day. Guess I'll share some thoughts:

Shirting (OCBD and broadcloth): good fit much better than Uniqlo's mainline. I have broad shoulders which they accommodate. Dig the collars. Will probably get darted. Wish the broadcloth fabric was a bit thicker.

Sweaters: the ribbed raglan lambswool is super beefy and rigid. Fits like a champion sweat. Hope it settles down and forms a little bit as the ribs keep it from draping at all (I look kind of like a linebacker in it). Pretty itchy. Like the detail (reminds me of an Acne Kas sweater). Slimish fit.

Cashmere blend crew neck has a nice hand and drapes well. Not itchy. Also strikingly similar to another Acne knit--the Kai with the reverse shoulder seams--but slightly oversized.

Bottoms: Flat front chinos were straight wack; the rise is ridiculous. Fit like some high waisted women's pants. Fabric was nice though as was the metal hardware.

Regular fit color jeans were alright. Slightly roomier than regular Uniqlo slim fit. Material and zippers were also good.

Overall, sweatshirts were my favorite all arounder of the collection. Love the fit and the construction punches well above its price tag.

Last edited:

logic368

Reaction score
Was it these? https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/lemair...or=COL09&cgid=men-sale#start=67&cgid=men-sale

Cause I noticed them on the site a while back but have never seen them in person at any NY store.

I have these shoes; they were on the second floor of the NY 5th Avenue store, hidden all the way in the back behind the Starbucks (along with their sunglasses and other random crap lol). They're beautiful and exceedingly comfortable (for a canvas shoe). I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, actually.

adeniran

Reaction score
I have these shoes; they were on the second floor of the NY 5th Avenue store, hidden all the way in the back behind the Starbucks (along with their sunglasses and other random crap lol). They're beautiful and exceedingly comfortable (for a canvas shoe). I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, actually.

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how they look on feet.

adeniran

Reaction score
@momentoftruth

Here's my review on the bomber jacket:

This jacket is great, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something like it at it's pricepoint. It's lightweight, polyester lined\filled (which makes it quite warm, I was heating up just taking the photos). As a result it's not super slim fitting, and not breathable whatsoever, but it looks very good regardless. Would be good for Fall temperatures. Too light for Winter without some layering (which probably wouldn't be worth it).

The photo on Uniqlo's website of the lighter brown color is a true representation of how it looks like in real life. I hoped\thought it would be even lighter like the additional product photos, but that
was not the case.

Inside the jacket, there is a pocket on the lefthand size big enough to hold a cellphone or something wider (galaxy S7 for reference). Ribbed cuffs and collar. Standard slant pockets.

I went true to size (S) for the bomber. I'm curious as to what an XS would look like, but that would definitely make the sleeves too short. They're perfect as is.

If anyone wants any other reviews + pictures, I also purchased the chinos, hoodie, tees, and mock neck sweater.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Is U stuff decent quality?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks man, I remember there was a lot of decent quality stuff 10 years ago but the baseline quality has eroded quite a bit to the point I don't even want to buy anything anymore. I noticed they did raise the price of some of their staple offerings like efm which I'm fine with if they're trying to retain the quality.

I'm going to try out some of the stuff but the damn burgundy sweatshirt disappeared from the page so now I gotta wait til it's back.

logic368

Reaction score
Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how they look on feet.
Here you go. Notice how the thinness of the material makes them look vastly narrower and lower profile than the Nike Lunarglide 8. However, because they are about the same length, that makes it look more "pointy."

logic368

Reaction score
I'm a size 10 in Nike Lunarglide 8, Flyknit racer, and a 9.5 in lunarglide 6 and Cole Haan lunargrand.

The size 10 for the lemaire works for me wearing medium thickness socks. Thick socks and they feel too small. Thin socks and they feel too large. That's the sign of a good fit to me.

I would order true to size if I were you. Certainly do not size down. The shoes are very light and they offer almost no support, just like Vans shoes.

JilSlander

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble ordering online?

I ordered and shipped-to-store NYC and got charged sales tax for a $80 purchase. The order initially had no sales tax (as NYC charges no tax <$100). I just checked my order status online and saw that they added the tax after.

Last edited:

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@adeniran great review, thanks for that (and the pics!). I was tempted by the black but I may go for the brown. And style it exactly like you did haha

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynanmeldelserno1