Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I have to say that the suiting this spring is pretty lousy. I have a jacket from the winter collection that is so much nicer than anything from this season.

Also, those extra slim fit oxfords were the best. They should re-release them.

2. racknac

racknac Senior member

A little disappointed with the collection. Jackets are nice but not really worth the price. Would get it if they go on sales. However, the cropped pants are my favorite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

where did you get your cardigan?

3. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

Does anybody know how the collar measurements run on the oxfords in a small? I recently got a couple secondhand and was really impressed. I'd like to snag some more before they go to crap, like I've heard rumbled about. I need a 15.25 to 15.5 collar, but usually wear a Small or Extra Small shirt size. I'm looking for good beaters, under sixty dollars a pop. Preferably well under.

4. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Are you talking about the ones I sold you? If so, You won't be able to find anything like that from uniqlo anymore.

5. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

Huh. I guess I assumed they were indicative of quality but that design would vary-- I'd go for a handful of those in staple colors for thirty bucks a pop like gangbusters.

6. mjo317

mjo317 Senior member

does the material for suiting usually stay the same? looking to buy pants but don't know if it'll match a blazer from a past season

7. Meis

Meis Senior member

where did you get your cardigan?

I'm not mellowfellow....
    but I'm pretty sure its from Club Monaco

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

The UK site has got the new +J line up today. Nothing particularly tempting for me. Looked at the +J long-sleeved T's but decided to stick with the much cheaper standard ones. Is the quality of the +J T's any better or is it more a question of fit?

9. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I think the quality's better. The only long-sleeved Ts i have from their main line are 'light cotton', whereas the +J ones are compacted cotton. I also have main line short tees in regular cotton, heattech, and whatever they were calling their hot-weather blend. I have not seen this fabric in any of the main line tees. The cut is also definitely a little more fashiony—though to tell you the truth, MoK, it seems a little incongruous with most of what I see you wearing.

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I think the quality's better. The only long-sleeved Ts i have from their main line are 'light cotton', whereas the +J ones are compacted cotton. I also have main line short tees in regular cotton, heattech, and whatever they were calling their hot-weather blend. I have not seen this fabric in any of the main line tees. The cut is also definitely a little more fashiony"”though to tell you the truth, MoK, it seems a little incongruous with most of what I see you wearing.

Thanks - yes I'm more of a classic cut fan, although as I'm slowly slimming down, I'm looking at slightly slimmer cuts than I've been used to wearing. They're mainly for layering under overshirts etc.

11. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

any impressions on the washable sweaters?

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

any impressions on the washable sweaters?

I've had their merino sweaters, merino/cashmere sweaters and cotton sweaters in the past, but not from the current season. They've all been very thin, but held their shape well with a machine wash and air dry and lasted okay for the price - less bobbling than I've had on some dearer sweaters. I tended to use them for layering under a sportscoat or suit and they did the job pretty well.

13. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

I've had their merino sweaters, merino/cashmere sweaters and cotton sweaters in the past, but not from the current season. They've all been very thin, but held their shape well with a machine wash and air dry and lasted okay for the price - less bobbling than I've had on some dearer sweaters. I tended to use them for layering under a sportscoat or suit and they did the job pretty well.
    i'm referring to their new (now renamed) Fine Cotton Blended Knitwear http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/list/basic...shablesweaters it's a cotton/poly blend that's apparently new to them, was just curious if it was worth having proxied

14. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

They're okay and they hold up pretty well after washing. I had one for a few years when they opened up the store.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

where is +J made?
    is there a specific user that does proxying? (like that dior guy on sufu)

snowman likes the cropped trousers[​IMG]