• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello all - i wear a size 29 in APC petit new standards. went to apc to get a pair of black selvedge, but they dotn have them. so - it seems "tapered" from unbranded is a similar fit to apc petit new standard, correct? if so - how would i size on them?...

thank you

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello all - i wear a size 29 in APC petit new standards. went to apc to get a pair of black selvedge, but they dotn have them. so - it seems "tapered" from unbranded is a similar fit to apc petit new standard, correct? if so - how would i size on them?...

thank you

I'd say you'd find the UB tapered cut much baggier below the knee than APC PS. UB website has measurements for all cuts and sizes, measure your APC and compare.

ClassySOB

Reaction score
I posted this pic among others in "The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners" thread
but it's not very active and since I'm in the UB club now here it is again.

These look stacked and baggy because of the length,when I cuff to let them drop they look better but still a bit loose in the upper thigh.

I decided to size down 1 and having them hemmed to 30" inseam by theunbrandedbrand.com, should have them within 10 days.

dapperwardrobe

Reaction score
Found a pair of brand new UB101s at a local store on sale for $10. They only pair they had was a 28, and while I can still button them, they are a bit tight in the waist. Will they stretch out at all? Or should I just look into selling them for a profit and using that money to buy a size 30 online?

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Unbranded tight fit in 21oz. I like the fit much better than in my old tapereds (also 21oz), digging the narrower leg opening. I sized up one and I'm glad I did, fit is pretty good and my old pair barely stretched if at all, actually it shrunk a bit in their first wash (or maybe I put on weight
smile.gif
).

Still plenty of life in my old pair (no crotch blowouts or holes anywhere), but as I say I wasn't in love with the fit below the knee.

Last edited:

PDXGeo

Reaction score

These are my 21oz straights after 1.5 years of pretty straight fall winter even some spring wear. Im a woodworker, cabinetmaker so I go through thinner denim much faster than these have lasted. Im ready for the next pair...

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about giving Unbranded one more try. I had those insanely huge UB301s (straight), then had a pair of UB201 (tapered) with the defective pocket . Not sure if I am going to go with UB101s (skinny) or UB401 (tight).

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a pair of UB101s in size 33 was on my front step today. Christmas holidays must have been very good to me because they are tight as fawk. The thighs are snug and I've got a little muffin top going on over here but other than that they seem ok. Quality wise they seem to be on par with my initial UB301s and better than the UB201 with the bad rear pocket but good gaed they are low rise. Debating on wearing them out and about tonight. Only my balls have the answer to that question

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello,

usually wear APC petit new standard in 29. like the fit, and wanted to buy something similar in unbranded If possible. so 2 questions please!
1. which Unbranded model closest to APC petit new standard?
2. I am a 29 waist in APC, what waist size in Unbranded?

any help appreciated thanks!

lovelux2010

Reaction score

I'd say you'd find the UB tapered cut much baggier below the knee than APC PS. UB website has measurements for all cuts and sizes, measure your APC and compare.

would tight or skinny fit be closer? trying to find out if anyone in the thread has experience going from APC Petit New standard to tight or skinny jeans from Unbranded, and if so - what size they took..
would like somewhat a similar fit but difficutl to try on in london

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tight fit will be the closest to the petit new standard that you'll find in the unbranded range.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well those UB101s went back and I ended up with a pair of UB201s. Let's hope it doesn't have the pocket issue as the previous ones. I almost ended up with a pair of N&F Weird Guy blue selvedge for 2 bucks cheaper but they were the wrong size

nachobarro

Reaction score
Thinking of buying the UB401. Anyone got fit pics or sizing recommendations? My true waist is 34", and in the blueowl measurements it says tagged size 32 is 34,25". These jeans barely stretch so no sizing down is needed right ?

ext23

Reaction score
Thinking of buying the UB401. Anyone got fit pics or sizing recommendations? My true waist is 34", and in the blueowl measurements it says tagged size 32 is 34,25". These jeans barely stretch so no sizing down is needed right ?

first post here.

i bought some of these as my first pair of raws. i normally wear a 32 and after a lot of poking around on unbranded's site and blue owl i decided to get a 32 in the 401s. when they arrived the waist was a good inch too small, couldn't even button it up. sent them back and am wondering if i should get a 33 or even a 34, even though there's no way i'm that big in the waist. i've read elsewhere that they do stretch a lot in the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics