• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a ton of experience with unbranded, but do know that any jeans will stretch a bit from whatever they're measured at originally. When you wash, they typically go back to the original size, but once you wear them again they should stretch back out.

If this is your first pair, I'd suggest going true to size or maybe size down one depending. The true test is when you put them on. You want them to be just a little tight, but not too uncomfortagle. If there's a little wiggle room, it may stretch out farther than you want it.

Also, you can always wear a belt, which should mitigate some unwanted stretching.

I typically buy true to size in most of my denim and let it stretch a bit, but I'm not a big fan of the super tight fits. It really depends on what you want.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These seem to come with really long inseams (34.5"). Does hemming affect the leg opening width much (say to 31-32") and how much shrinkage to account for, 1/2 inch?

Anyone with Alpha Khakis can comment on the fit of the UB201? Just going by the measurements they seem very similar, or is the UB101 closer?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Urban Outfitters has all Unbranded on sale for 30% off

Stretch Straight $56.00

Skinny, Straight & Tapered $57.40

Indigo Medium Wash Tapered, Black Skinny, Black Tapered $61.60

21 oz Skinny, 21 oz Straight & 21 oz Tapered $82.60

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These seem to come with really long inseams (34.5"). Does hemming affect the leg opening width much (say to 31-32") and how much shrinkage to account for, 1/2 inch?

Anyone with Alpha Khakis can comment on the fit of the UB201? Just going by the measurements they seem very similar, or is the UB101 closer?
UB101 is closer for sure, but doesn't taper as narrow.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't button my UBskinnies on the first day, and the back of my knees hurt the next few, a week in it was fine, and now after 3 weeks I feel the fit is perfect. It is tougher to get them on than what I am used to though since my last 3 pairs were either looser or was stretchy, but once on they are comfy. The stress points actually has grown on me which is weird. Wearing tough denim and feeling uncomfortable has become a "cool sensation", like I feel badass or something stupid. Oh how easily pleased our minds are. I'm going through my first soak tomorrow. Will report but I imagine nothing new since my experience so far has been exactly as SF wisdom has told me, I expect nothing surprising. Anyway, wanted to say so far I'm very happy with my unbranded jeans.

Been doing squats and some leg exercises, lunges and such, in my jeans, thinking it'd make the fades happen quicker, anyone else do this? =P

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Really digging the 21 oz tapered - my first heavyweight denim.
Was tough the first few days, but after a week of wearing they're starting to break-in nicely.

The Hunter

Reaction score
Urban Outfitters has all Unbranded on sale for 30% off

Stretch Straight $56.00

Skinny, Straight & Tapered $57.40

Indigo Medium Wash Tapered, Black Skinny, Black Tapered $61.60

21 oz Skinny, 21 oz Straight & 21 oz Tapered $82.60

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered my first pair yesterday

theresadale

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered my first pair yesterday
Oh! yeah that sounds good. If I would have know earlier about this I would have got my brother a pair too. But I got him three things in that range, one was a blue sweat shirt, the second was a grey colored V-Neck tee and the last item which I got for him was a snapback which he had been asking for a long time.

I must mention here that the price of all the three things costed me only $54 after a discount of 15% from district clothing. Their collection is huge and they have got some reasonable prices that what made me shop over there. I might consider getting a denim for my brother from Urban Outfitters next month.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be giving my 21oz tapereds their first wash soon. I like them a lot, especially for the price. The indigo dye looks kind of cheap compared to my old raw PRPS though, but that it comes off so easily is pure fun.

I just wish they were really tapered, they look like straight jeans to me.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the technical difference between the chino jeans and the... usual stuff? They seem softer and such and I'm guessing they don't fade like standard stuff?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
About 2 months and less than a dozen wears. Check out this back pocket (pic taken a couple of minutes ago at my local coffee shop, the place where all the denim heads play)
IMAG0980_zps3f4o7vfn.jpg

Last edited:

absolutdenim

Reaction score
Question on sizing down:

How can I tell if the jeans are too tight or tight enough?

I basically have to stretch the jeans somewhat to button the buttons up.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question on sizing down:

How can I tell if the jeans are too tight or tight enough?

I basically have to stretch the jeans somewhat to button the buttons up.

Thanks!

Everyone wears their jeans differently so there is no one proper fit. That being said if you have to dance around the room just to put them on or when you get them on they look like leggings then they are too small. IMHO of course

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barely 12 wears in and check this out

IMAG1056_zpsxkuzevbw.jpg

IMAG1057_zpsmypfoekj.jpg

Curiously I was at a local denim shop getting a crotch blowout fixed in another pair of jeans and happened to mention the pocket problem. The guy working there showed me a pair of Unbranded that had the exact same pocket tear that the owner decided to get repaired. Guess what is going back to Nordstrom? I'm done with this Unbranded experiment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics